Broken frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken frame?

Well I noticed a few weeks ago that my tires were getting missaligned again and I might have mentioned it on here. Well yesterday I noticed my driver side wheel seemed to have "mad camber yo" and this is at stock height. At that point I knew something was really severely wrong. Both front tires were wearing more on the inside than the outside. So I got the jack went user there with a flashlight and found this:

This frame under the car is broken!! It's the thing they goes parallel to the rack and pinion not sure what to call it other that a frame.
    It seems like is had been broken before welded over and now it broke again. I knew four hundred for a running cb was too good to be true. Oh well it did me good for six months.

I'm going to take my brothers car off his hands. It's the same as mine except it auto and has a cracked head. So I'm hoping the frame on his is good.

Anyhow how hard is it to pull this thing out? What would I need to do it?

Needless to say the cb will be down for a while.

Since our cars are a unibody construction there aren't really separate frame parts that you can just remove. It's all welded together. Best to take that to a good body shop and see what they say.

Comment

The frame? you mean the rear crossmember? Those can be had rather easily at a JY, or find a guy parting an accord shell out and get that off him.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Looks like the front crossmember. You can replace it with a junkyard unit. The engine will hang safely by the two side mounts while you do the job. You will need an alignment afterwards. You're talking about #2 below correct?

My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yeah I think losi has it right it doesn't seem to be part of the frame I just don't know what to call it. It's in the front though. It's where the lower control arms are connected to.

And if you read the whole post ( i know it's a bit long) you see u mentioned that I will soon have my brothers cb which he is getting rid of.

Seems to be very doable. I guess I'll just figure it out as I go. I got some repair manuals so that should help.

Comment

It's called the front crossmember, see pic above? You musta missed my post.
            My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yes yes yes!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about thank you beast!!

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
                Yeah I think losi has it right it doesn't seem to be part of the frame I just don't know what to call it. It's in the front though. It's where the lower control arms are connected to.

And if you read the whole post ( i know it's a bit long) you see u mentioned that I will soon have my brothers cb which he is getting rid of.

Seems to be very doable. I guess I'll just figure it out as I go. I got some repair manuals so that should help.
                yeah I meant the rear cross member when talking about the front of the car since there are two and this is the back one lol

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I've replaced that crossmember before. Its a project, the rack is mounted in this crossmember.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    I've replaced that crossmember before. Its a project, the rack is mounted in this crossmember.
                    might as well replace the rack and pinion since you're going to have to get it off anyways, chances are, if its like both my CB7s, its leaking

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

And here's a guy that sells fully rebuilt racks at a great price with a lifetime guarantee, much better than from the parts store IMO:

http://shop.rackdoctor.net/1990-1993...-10295-695.htm
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

That's not a bad price at all for a rebuild rack and pinion.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks beast I'm also going to need a new oil Pan I noticed two hairline cracks coming out of the drain hole

Comment

Working...
                          X