Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What engine did I find at my local JY?

Have found an F22A with no numbers behind the A? and I also found a pretty
    clean f22b1 vtec . What do ya'll think...? Should I pull my f22 and go with either one of these motors? Will post pic of each one later today.

Hey was the motor in a vehicle? If so what one? If it looked bone stock chances are it was not a swap.

Also a pic would help

Comment

Posted Pic's Of The Engines

Alrighty the first pics are of the F22A... There was a couple of things I noticed. The first thing was the IM's runners where the shorter ones like the A6 and the IM had the IAB system?
      When I Looked at the motors ID tag it was strange looking being that there where no numbers following the F22A_? Never seen that before

The pic's below are of a F22B1 and from the outside it looked to be in decent condition. not to sure about the oil on the left side of the engine?
      I wanted to get opinion's from you guys to see whether it would be worth pulling and swaping my F22a1 W/ it or possibly selling to someone? The JY is asking $169 for long block plus some kinda core charge. SO just curious to see what yall could come up with!!!
      Thank Guys

LMK What You Guys Think?

Comment

The F22B1 has had the spark plug wires pulled so water has likely gotten down to the spark plugs and leaked into the cylinders.

The F22B1 is not a worthwhile swap. People see "VTEC" and go crazy.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The f22a_ is nothing more special than an f22a6. Its JDM if it doesn't have a number after the last letter. Japanese motors never have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            The F22B1 has had the spark plug wires pulled so water has likely gotten down to the spark plugs and leaked into the cylinders.

The F22B1 is not a worthwhile swap. People see "VTEC" and go crazy.
            The f22a also is missing the spark plug wires.

F22B1 is a fine swap, if you are not looking for a performance motor and are in need of a replacement engine. They are a fine, reliable motor.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Sounds good

I'm not really partial to the VTEC!

I like my F22A just needs new rings!!

I dug a little deeper in JY and I found this. Hood was down when i found it.

Comment

YOU SELL, I BUY!!!!

But in all seriousness I would check that H22 out for sure before you install it, unless that Prelude was a fresh addition to the yard. And even if it was, I still would, anybody with a brain would not let that go to the junkyard. But if it isn't blown, go for it!!!! If not, I'd love to take the head off your hands.....
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Even if that h22 is blown, I would still take the plenum, throttle body, iab plate and black box off it
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Duration

Very true! I was surprised to see it there! Its been there 3 weeks or so.
                    Dash is gone so no mileage, the engine bay looks pretty beat up. Well its the only one in the yard, right along side of 12 or more f22's. Yeah the black box I grabed when It first got there... one of the Tits broke off but I Think I save the vac. switch out off it?

Comment

I would just get the whole damn motor.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Try looking in the upper left corner of the windshield, sometimes if they took it to a lube shop, they'll attach oil change stickers. That'll give you some idea of the mileage and when it was possibly last ran. With these motors a paper trail is always good to have since they're really dependent on oil for the VTEC system to operate properly. If people don't keep an eye on the oil level, it may do some damage.
                        Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-10-2012, 02:56 AM.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Thats a good idea Losi I'm defiantly going to take note of what the car looks like to see if thats is the reason for it being in there if it has been wrecked or something!

"Ok Let Say" If the block has no whole's in the side, but say it is Blown!! What kind of cost are we looking at to rebuild and would it be worth it? Oh yeah I would be doing it my self

My future Plans for my car was to build up a F22 for boost, but ya'll a tempting me to take that H22 in and build it. Which is not a bad thing, It's kinda got me excited and hoping the thing is not to far gone!

Comment

OK went back to the JY and pulled the value cover and It was really dark! Which I'm suspecting lack of oil...?
                            Well any way didnt pull, but did inspire me to look into the F22's that they have there, and possibly get one to start a rebuild on.

Im thinking about that JDM F22A I think that would be pretty cool to have a JDM motor. Any PROS or CONS would be great?

Comment

The H22 seems to be the best opt. More bang for your buck, i'd say..
                              If pulled, a quick tear down&rebuild would certainly do the trick!
                              I'd do that with any motor found at the JY.
                              I normally look for wrecked cars, because you know It was running at one point in time. Non-wrecked cars are in the JY for 3 reasons, or more..
                              1. Doesn't run.
                              2. Tranny
                              3. Electrical

Hope that helps!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                              Bought from: ChampCoupe
                              Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Working...
                              X