Radiator fan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fan question

Simple question. DO both fans push the same amount of air? The condenser fan seems to be stronger than the radiator fan.
    I am having some issues with the car temps going up in traffic or stop lights.
    It feels like prob half the amount of air the condenser fan is putting out.
    I replaced the thermostat already.

thanks
    Steve

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
    Simple question. DO both fans push the same amount of air? The condenser fan seems to be stronger than the radiator fan.
    I am having some issues with the car temps going up in traffic or stop lights.
    It feels like prob half the amount of air the condenser fan is putting out.
    I replaced the thermostat already.

thanks
    Steve
    Is your radiator fan working properly?

A quick fix might be an additive to the coolant, Water Wetter I believe is supposed to help lower coolant temps quicker. I do know that this first half of the year has set some record highs in terms of outside temps. I'm sure Honda didnt expect cars to sit idle in 100+ degree heat. Just a thought.

Comment

First, make sure your cooling system isn't leaking and low of coolant.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
        Is your radiator fan working properly?

A quick fix might be an additive to the coolant, Water Wetter I believe is supposed to help lower coolant temps quicker. I do know that this first half of the year has set some record highs in terms of outside temps. I'm sure Honda didnt expect cars to sit idle in 100+ degree heat. Just a thought.
        my car sits idle in 115 degree heat with no problem in AZ everyday. What do you think desert proving grounds are for? Its not that Honda didn't design their cars right, its that something, maybe a sensor/relay is not working properly and not turning on the fans when they need to be on.

Check all the relays, and thermoswitches. Mainly the two bulb looking ones on the driverside inner fender area, near the washer fluid reservoir when you open the hood and those thermoswitches on the coolant outlet on the head and the one going into the thermostat.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Everything Is working fine. The temps just go up, fan comes on, coolant level topped off.
          The fan just doesn't put out the same air.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
            Everything Is working fine. The temps just go up, fan comes on, coolant level topped off.
            The fan just doesn't put out the same air.

steve
            Could just be that the radiator fan is getting tired.
            The rad fan should flow more air than the condenser fan.

Replace the motor.
            Also does the temp stop rising if you turn the A/C on?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yes temps drop with the a/c on and thus both fans running and the condenser fan is the stronger of the two fans.
              I will replace it tomorrow.
              thanks for everbody's help

steve

Comment

Just to update.
                It turned out that the cooling system had air in it. Bled it out and now have no problems. Turned out my rad cap was bad too.
                Thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X