This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    So what honda was it designed for . . . ?
    After some research Im betting on it being for a 98-02 Accord 4 cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
      A heads up on the block heater. It dosent fit. Not even close.

Im trying to work out a deal with Majestic Honda so i can return it. Its a special order and an electrical part. It says on my parts invoice they do not return either of those.

I will post up the results.
      Where are you trying to install it at?
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        After some research Im betting on it being for a 98-02 Accord 4 cylinder.
        Oh, I thought it was a genuine CB kit.

Also your signature is way too big.
        Fix it, or it will be removed.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Oh, I thought it was a genuine CB kit.

Also your signature is way too big.
          Fix it, or it will be removed.
          fixed

Comment

That thing just screws into the block and transfers heat it make to the block. If it isn't that correct thread, you can either re-tap the block (DON'T DO THIS) or find / fashion an adapter if there's enough clearance (there is). You could also gamble and re-thread the heater if its too big and you think there is enough material to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
              That thing just screws into the block and transfers heat it make to the block. If it isn't that correct thread, you can either re-tap the block (DON'T DO THIS) or find / fashion an adapter if there's enough clearance (there is). You could also gamble and re-thread the heater if its too big and you think there is enough material to do so.
              The threads on the heater are very very fine. The threads in the block a fairly large. Re-threading isnt a reliable option IMO.

If an adapter is made it wont heat the block near as good as it should. This is because the hole in the block is too small so the adapter would have to go into the block and the heating element into the adapter making the heater its self away from the block.

It would still work just not very well. Not enough for me to want to go through the trouble to make it kinda work.

But if you have any other ideas id be glad to hear them.

Comment

I think you misunderestimate the thermal conductivity of metal vs air. I don't think you would experience much loss in heat transfer at all. If you wanted you could even wrap the setup in insulating tape or such. The only other idea I have is the same one I'm sure you have: return it and find another.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                  I think you misunderestimate the thermal conductivity of metal vs air. I don't think you would experience much loss in heat transfer at all. If you wanted you could even wrap the setup in insulating tape or such. The only other idea I have is the same one I'm sure you have: return it and find another.
                  Its very possible that i do underestimate the thermal conductivity. I guess I could try it and it woudnt hurt anything.

Thermal tape might not be a bad idea. Your input is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X