Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clogged windshield wiper nozzles again?

Hi guys,
    The nozzles on my car didn't work because I think were blocked/clogged so I went ahead and replace them with the oem ones at about $10 each and about a month later were clogged again, that happened 3 times in less than 6 months.

I though it was the little pump and replaced it and the problem remained.

What can it be?

Should I replace the whole system which includes a new plastic tank, new pump, new hoses, new nozzles?

What can it be clogging the nozzles when the pump seems to be a mesh to filter the dirt?
    Last edited by JSMexUsa; 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM.

Originally posted by JSMexUsa View Post
    Hi guys,
    The nozzles on my car didn't work because I think were blocked/clogged so I went ahead and replace them with the oem ones at about $10 each and about a month later were clogged again, that happened 3 times in less than 6 months.

I though it was the little pump and replaced it and the problem remained.

What can it be?

Should I replace the whole system which includes a new plastic tank, new pump, new hoses, new nozzles?

What can it be clogging the nozzles when the pump seems to be a mesh to filter the dirt?
    You most likely need to clean out the tank.

As simple as that.

Then maybe flush it and make sure the tank is kept clean at all times.

Comment

Yes. Clean the tank. And everything in-between the nozzles. After you get that all done. Check out this DIY. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196854
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

throw in water,vinegar and rubbing alcohol that should dissolve any water deposits, clean your glass well, kill any algae and wont freeze. then just run the blue stuff and some extra rubbing alcohol to keep slime in check.

Comment

This is my next task to tackle. They clog a week after I clean them. The last time I cleaned them in bleach.

I'm just too lazy, after dong the swap and chasing down odds and ends with it.

steve

Comment

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was thinking, when I tried cleaning the tank last time with only hot water it had lots of brown sediment on the bottom and they never came out and seems like they come lose and pass thru the little pump filter.

I will get new nozzles again and will try to clean the tank a little better and hopefully the extra filter on the link is easy to find.

Comment

Fixed for good this time around.

Update.
              The problem was the 21 year old piping/tubing that was cracked at couple places and the fluid leaking before getting to the nozzles.

I went to Home Depot and bought 10 feet of clear piping for about $3 and replaced everything and got new nozzles and works like new again.

I had this problem for many years and wish I knew that before, oh well, better late that never.

I didn't need to remove the bumper just the black plastic skirt under the driver side fender.

Comment

Working...
              X