90 accord running ruff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord running ruff

Recently i changed my throttle body on my 90 dx coupe because of a bad tps. Now when im driving it it starts to spit and sputter at around 2000 rpms when its in gear but i can put it in neutral and it doesn't do it. I have checked my main relay and it doesn't look burnt ant all and i set my crank and cam timing accord to my haynes manual. I've ran a tank of 93 octane gas and its still doing it. What else can be causing this since i checked the main things to cause it to do this?

How old is your o2 sensor?

When was your EGR system cleaned/serviced last?
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i replaced the o2 about a month ago and cleaned the egr system out about 4 months ago before i put the motor in the car

Comment

check the basics... cap rotor plugs wires..... I have owned my accord for about 9 years now and when it starts to do that, it has always been ignition related ....

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

i put a new cap, rotor button and plugs in it when i put the motor in it. could the plugs be messed up? it was running rich for a few months after i put the plugs it

Comment

You didn't replace ignition wires.
            If they are old, I would replace them, too.
            A&P-IA

Comment

ill change them and see what it does. i have a set of nology hotwires laying in my garage somewhere i just have to dig em out

Comment

Working...
              X