ABS Module LED/Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Module LED/Light

I have searched numerous times and read every thread I can find on this subject and to no avail. After traveling about 100 feet every time I drive the car the ABS light comes on.

I'm simply wanting to see what codes it's giving so I know what I need to do to get the ABS system functioning properly.

I have looked everywhere for this flashing "LED" on the module. I've taken the module out and taken it apart looking for some kind of light. I've looked in the connectors, looked up under the rear deck... I've looked everywhere for this LED or light and I cannot find it. The service connector is jumped and the ignition on accessory, just like it would be for checking CEL's.

I took as many pics as I could.

Hello..
    Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
    You do it the exact same way you would for jumping the ECU codes. The SCS connector is a blue two pin connector under the glove box. Short that and count the flashes from the ABS light, not the CEL.

Here is a list of ABS codes,

1 The hydraulic pump motor is over-run
    1-2 The hydraulic pump motor
    1-3 Is a high pressure leak
    1-4 The pressure switch
    1-8 Accumulator of high pressure system
    2-1 Circuit of handbrake warning lamp switch
    3-1 Rotor teeth damaged on right hand front wheel speed sensor
    3-2 Rotor teeth damaged on left hand front wheel speed sensor
    3-4 Rotor teeth damaged on right hand rear wheel speed sensor
    3-8 Rotor teeth damaged on left hand rear wheel speed sensor
    3-12 Combination of different sizes of tires
    4-1 Circuit of right hand front wheel speed sensor
    4-2 Circuit of left hand front wheel speed sensor
    4-4 Circuit of right hand rear wheel speed sensor
    4-8 Circuit of left hand rear wheel speed sensor
    5-4 Right hand rear wheel lock
    5-8 Left hand rear wheel lock
    6-1 Front fail safe relay
    6-4 Rear fail safe relay
    7-1 Right hand front, hydraulic modulator solenoid valve
    7-2 Left hand front, hydraulic modulator solenoid valve
    7-4 Rear, hydraulic modulator solenoid valve
    8-1 Operation of the ABS
    8-2 The ECU
    8-4 Internal circuit of the ECU

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      Hello..
      That doesn't happen with mine. ABS light does not flash when I do that. Yet the ABS does not work and the ABS light turns on shortly after driving.

Comment

I'm interested in this as mine has been doing that for years. It comes on shortly after starting the car and stays on the entire time. Tried changing fuses and relays and that hasn't done anything.

Interestingly enough, the ABS light in the parts car stays off, so I don't know if that means it's working, or they took the light out. I only drive it in the yard so can't get it up to speed to feel if the ABS would come on.
        Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        That doesn't happen with mine. ABS light does not flash when I do that. Yet the ABS does not work and the ABS light turns on shortly after driving.

Comment

perhaps its brain dead, can you swap with the other ex to test?

Comment

I have had this identical issue in my 92 EXR. It was a speed sensor on the back passenger wheel although I could not pull any codes. One of those issues where the car is not smart enough to throw a code properly or its like an O2 issue where the code is erased after you turn the car off. I would start with a full inspection of the ABS system and you should be able to see the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
              perhaps its brain dead, can you swap with the other ex to test?
              I may try to locate another module to see what happens.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I have had this identical issue in my 92 EXR. It was a speed sensor on the back passenger wheel although I could not pull any codes. One of those issues where the car is not smart enough to throw a code properly or its like an O2 issue where the code is erased after you turn the car off. I would start with a full inspection of the ABS system and you should be able to see the issue.
              I'm not familiar with the ABS system on a CB7 therefore I was unaware if one could physically see an issue with an ABS sensors. Thank you for this bit of information.

Comment

Working...
              X