Lower Radiator Hose!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Radiator Hose!!

OK, heres the problem. My lower radiator hose has nothing in it ALL THE TIME. Theres no leaking anywhere and the overflow res. has plenty of coolant in it. The cars never running hot. Not sure why the hell theres nothing in it ever but im sure its not supposed to be this way. Lemme know what you guys think.

you took it off and nothing comes out?
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Weird....there should be something in there especially since it's connected to the lower part of the rad. How do you know nothing is in there? If you have the cap off and you sqeeze the lower hose, the coolant level should rise in the rad with no air bubbles coming up. If you disconnected the lower hose with the rad still full, you should have coolant coming out the bottom of the rad and from the hose. If your car isn't over heating, then the thermostat is working.......not really sure what the problem is. If your guessing there is nothing in there becase the lower hose is colder than the upper hose after driving, then the thermostat might be stuck halfway open or something.

Comment

im guess in theres nothin in there cus the hose is deflated, it doesn't even fill the clamp that hols it by the dizzy. Could it be that one of the fans is out?? Im not sure that would do it but im out of ideas...........

Comment

I've had that happen to me, I always thought it was because there was some sort of vacuum on it. Does it always stay collapsed or does it fill when the engine has been running a while? I just replaced them, no more collapsed hoses.
          -Jay

Comment

relpace that hose asap, there should stil be something in it.
            FA1

Comment

relpace the hose??? ive been drivin like this for a while, any permanent damage??....by a while i mean like two weeks.

Comment

There is nothing like insurence... replace it ASAP to insure the safety of your engine...and wallet! It cost more to replace the engine than a little radiator hose.

Caleb
                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

It should not have caused any damage, I'd not worry about it unless your engine has overheated(which you said it hadn't).
                  -Jay

Comment

do it A.S.A.P..... -peace

-shawn

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Let me put in my $.02

I replaced my lower rad hose roughly a year ago with a Goodyear hose from Autozone, and it too seems to have squishyness to it that the upper hose does not. My car runs fine, is full of coolant, and does not overheat.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

alright, ill replace the hose and post the results....not too worried since a f22b goes in in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                          I replaced my lower rad hose roughly a year ago with a Goodyear hose from Autozone, and it too seems to have squishyness to it that the upper hose does not. My car runs fine, is full of coolant, and does not overheat.
                          It may not overheat now, but who to say it won't later?

Originally posted by vmchurch
                          alright, ill replace the hose and post the results....not too worried since a f22b goes in in a few months.
                          You are a very wise my man... I'd hate to be stranded somewhere for a couple of hours, trust me!
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

ok get this, i checke dmy car yesterday before i went to get the hose and shes fine again, the hose it inflated...wtf

Comment

It will do that if there's enough pressure, It will deflate later. Go ahead and get it replaced.
                              -Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X