calling a cb7 motor heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calling a cb7 motor heads

ok this might be a lil long so bear with me... alright so 2day i went to change the water pump on my cb7(f22a4) and i got all the way to the crank pully well trying to get that bugger off was retared and i busted my timing belt and threw my bottom and top end out... the crank is out a 1/4 turn counterclock wise this direction-> and the cam is out a tiny bit clock wise this direction<-... so my question to all of u is how the hell do i get everything back to tdc? do i have to take the head off and set it all that way? I hope not.. if anyone could help plz do?
    icedoutaccord
    f22a4
    aem short ram
    2.5" exaust
    suspension techniques springs

hahaha i am screwed aint I?
    icedoutaccord
    f22a4
    aem short ram
    2.5" exaust

Comment

With no belt connecting the head and the block, find TDC on the head by rotating the cam gear until the arrow that says "up" points up and the lines on either side of the gear line up even with the head.

Find TDC on the block by sticking a hanger down in the closest of the spark plug holes to the crank pulley(with no spark plug in it) and waiting for the hanger to come up. Just before it begins to drop, leave it there and re-attach the belt. You're lined up at TDC on the block and head!
      -Jay

Comment

You can actually also find TDC on the block by, pulling out the rubber block that allows you 2 see the flywheel (where the timing marks are, where the engine meets the gearbox) and line up the white mark on the flywheel with the pointer. Also you can double check by checking the balance shaft cam. It has an arrow on the cam, which should line up with a pointer on the engine.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

^^^ I never could get that to work for me. Mine's too dirty and the whole perspective thing throws me off. Whatever works for ya.
          -Jay

Comment

Engine timing is a very complicated subject....but I usually set my timing by looking at the marks on the flywheel....it's a lot easier IMO.
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

alright one quick question... will my valves get bent from trying to move th bottom end around? If not and everything checks out this website and everyone associated with it kicks ass!!!undefined and thank you!!!
              icedoutaccord
              f22a4
              aem short ram
              2.5" exaust

Comment

easiest way not to bend the valves is to not force anything. If u start turning the cam gear or what have you and it begins to give resistance then leave it alone and start back tracking.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

How far could it have really moved...I mean, come on. Just turn the crank back to where it was...there is a dot on the crank gear that is suppose to line up with the mark on the block. As far as the cam, just rotate it back so the arrow points up and the slash marks line up perfectly with the surface of the head. Isn't there a t-belt DIY around here somewhere anyway?
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

pull spark plug one and put somethinglong in it.. as you crack back and forth get it to where its at its highest point.. thats what we had to do to be sure...
                    . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                    WiredMotorSports
                    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Figured it all out thank u to those who actually gave constructive answers!!
                      icedoutaccord
                      f22a4
                      aem short ram
                      2.5" exaust

Comment

Working...
                      X