No announcement yet.

Change headgasket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be a dumb newbie question.....but....is the reason why you can't start the car with the radiator cap off is because you need the system pressurized to get the proper flow in the first place??

Comment

Originally posted by BronzeAccord
      This may be a dumb newbie question.....but....is the reason why you can't start the car with the radiator cap off is because you need the system pressurized to get the proper flow in the first place??
      I don't think so, you see, by pressurizing the coolent system increases the boiling point of the antfreeze so that it actually withdraws heat from the engine and put's it in the radiator.
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

well i'll post my 2cents.

a while back i thought my head gasket was fuked, i would fill the reservoir and the rad, with coolant and it would drain with in, one day of driving, and also my oil was going pretty fast, but not as fast as the coolant, i would waste one q in a week, so i got something called block seal from advance and did that, it got better, no more smoke and no more oil leaking into cyls, but my collant still goes fast but not like b4 i think i have a leak in my res. i never got it check for HG but i think it was that. u should get it checked first then do what the result require.

Comment

Working...
        X