X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 speed automatic

i have a 4 speed automatic can i shift like a manual shift
    我愛我的本田

you can put the shifter in first gear, second gear, drive three, and drive four if that's what your wondering, yes. I drive like that a lot. You need to be carefull downshifting though, i highly discourage that, you can damage the tranny
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004
      i have a 4 speed automatic can i shift like a manual shift
      you can but I wouldn't recomend it. you can do it when you are decending a steep hill but other than that leave it in d4
      Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

Well you can, but your going to destroy your tranny! Better off just letting it do it's thing. I think someone on here ran there auto at the track and he ran it twice....once shifting himself then just letting the tcu do the work for him.

His car ran faster just letting the auto do what it's supposed to do.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
        91 accord lx (5spd)
        92 accord lx (5spd)
        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

shifting it is faster...........than the tcu.. i have an auto

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            shifting it is faster...........than the tcu.. i have an auto
            Have you run it at the track? I'm not doubting that...I just thought someone here ran faster letting the auto do it's thing.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

its common sense............the tcu shifts slow ass fuck...........i drive my car everyday..fuck a track...i know how fast my car moves

Comment

dont do it unless you want a screwed up tranny

Comment

its common sense............the tcu shifts slow ass fuck...........i drive my car everyday..fuck a track...i know how fast my car moves
                  I'm not doubting you...I wouldn't know since I don't have an auto I'm getting my stuff from reading this thread before
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=track+times

page 2 sums up alot

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                  91 accord lx (5spd)
                  92 accord lx (5spd)
                  93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

ive done it before

ive screwed with the tranny some while running the lot at work. I've shifted through the D gears and pushed the Sport button. It was actually better in the normal drive position when i gunned it. I think

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

You people will never learn. To manually shift an auto tranny you need a MANUAL VALVE BODY. If you decide to keep doing it without the manual valve body, I hope your damn auto valve body pops out the bottom though the oil pan. (assuming there is an oil pan; not familiar with CB7 autos)

Comment

ill bet 1,000 bucks ill beat another cb7 with an auto tranny <no Nos no turbo .no tcu chip modification> who lets the tcu do the shifting....the tcu is designed to be economical and not draw out each gear...therefore it will not use the maximum power / gear therefore resulting in a slower time.......sometimes when im sitting in traffic and have to cross a busy street..i shift all the way down to 1st gear because 4th gear is slow..it has become natural habit and my tranny is holdin up...maybe one day youll see me on this board saying my tranny died...but i beleive in the honda manual it says you can shift autos manually...someone told me that honda says its good for city driving....sometimes you need to manually shift your auto to third.....to bypass a truck or dodge something in traffic...its my second nature to drive shifting my manual...mostly between 4th and 3rd.... i have stopped neutral dropping tho.

Comment

Save the 1,000 bucks for a new tranny.

Comment

ill bet 1,000 bucks ill beat another cb7 with an auto tranny <no Nos no turbo .no tcu chip modification> who lets the tcu do the shifting....the tcu is designed to be economical and not draw out each gear...therefore it will not use the maximum power / gear therefore resulting in a slower time.......sometimes when im sitting in traffic and have to cross a busy street..i shift all the way down to 1st gear because 4th gear is slow..it has become natural habit and my tranny is holdin up...maybe one day youll see me on this board saying my tranny died...but i beleive in the honda manual it says you can shift autos manually...someone told me that honda says its good for city driving....sometimes you need to manually shift your auto to third.....to bypass a truck or dodge something in traffic...its my second nature to drive shifting my manual...mostly between 4th and 3rd.... i have stopped neutral dropping tho.
                            Are you serious?

Also, I agree with you about manually shifting the tranny being faster... I chirp 2nd that way, dunno why though, I shift at the same time the tcu does.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Bullet
                              Are you serious?

Also, I agree with you about manually shifting the tranny being faster... I chirp 2nd that way, dunno why though, I shift at the same time the tcu does.
                              yeah if you ever notice...when you slide your automatic from 4th to 3rd you dont have to push the button in....but when you shift from 1st to 2nd...or 3rd to 2nd you have to push the button in.....honda made it a safety precaution im guessing..smart Japanese engineers....but you can shift to 3rd without pushing the button....and shift to 4th from 3rd without shifting the button...so it was made to shift well the 3rd and 4th gears for that matter.......

Also...yeah im gonna save 1,000 for an h22 baby....

Comment

Working...
                              X