Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Civic Swap Gone Bad..... HELP Plz!

Hello Fellow Tunerz,

I'm Seeking Serious Help From Everyone, No Suggestion should be ignored.
    I'll take any advice that is provide. Here's the Story.
    I Bought 2 Honda Civic HB:
    1st One is a CX AUTO Power Steering no AC
    2nd One is a DX 5 speed No PS nor AC
    CX had a Knock, Turns out to be shot bearings.
    DX got hit hard, BUt Motor & Tranny are in good condition.
    Both cars Started & Drove fine. no Overheating, Just the Knock in the CX motor.
    I started the swap with the Motor/Tranny & Engine Harness from the DX All Peddles & Hydro Lines Filled & Bleed.
    I thought i could get away with just using the AT ECU to start the motor...
    OK I was Wrong...
    then i swapped out the AT ECU & replaced it with the MT ECU..... There that should solve that problem.....
    No......
    Now I can;t get the Key out the Ignition.... AT Lockout.
    OK....
    Let's Pull the dash off & swap out the Harness Under the Dash!
    There, That Should solve that problem

Here's the Problem....
    I Already Swapped Over all the Proper Harnesses that belong to that Motor & the ECU... But No Start.

Here are the symptom: When turning the key to "Start" all im getting is The Radiator fan kicking on. that's it.
    I Really need all your Professional Opinions....
    Thx you all in Advance.
    JB
    Hey now, My signature was too big, so it was deleted.

that reminds me of reading up on the a/t to m/t swap you had to do soemthign to the tranny ecu to make it work. The neutral safty switch i think was the problem. I ended up hooking a wire from the battery to a switch to the starter selenoid wire. Put the key to the on posistion and hit the switch. Worked for me.
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund
      that reminds me of reading up on the a/t to m/t swap you had to do soemthign to the tranny ecu to make it work. The neutral safty switch i think was the problem. I ended up hooking a wire from the battery to a switch to the starter selenoid wire. Put the key to the on posistion and hit the switch. Worked for me.
      Thx Immer,
      i'll try that.
      any other suggestion from anyone else?
      the more the better.
      JB

Comment

hehhe, you broke up the name correctly... a BIG SMILEY face for anyone who can translate it without a translator!...

and even harder yet find which song i grabbed it from. it's from a group called die prinzen

AND immeraufdemhund is not the actual phrase, but it's rather close..last word is different...
        WTB:
        88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
        OR
        90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

for an accord leave the shifter crap plugged in..and play with the wires

all i did was short 2 wires on the shifter wires (thickest ones) and vroooom

auto to 5 spd
          welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

Here's an update... the car was towed away... "PHail"
            These days I'm driving the CD7 with a JDM H22 5spd conversion you see in the sig. I did it all by myself Success!

Comment

holy batman look at that sig
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Your sig is annoying and WAY too big. It also does not conform to the rules for signature size here on cb7tuner.

On your civic issue, you need to verify that your ecu and any other thing you unplugged are grounded. there is a ground on the thermostate housing that you probably dont have hooked up.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  Your sig is annoying and WAY too big. It also does not conform to the rules for signature size here on cb7tuner.

On your civic issue, you need to verify that your ecu and any other thing you unplugged are grounded. there is a ground on the thermostate housing that you probably dont have hooked up.
                  Thanks for the advise.
                  Sooo... Can I get my photos on the sig back? those were the only photos I had of my Exige ... thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X