Revving Motor.. again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revving Motor.. again.

Get this guys, I've been pluggin around reading your post, great info by the way and I had to post this. I took in my car to get it checked on the computer and now that I got it back, the damn thing is doing what everyone's complained about. Surging up and down, start the car and it's about 1500-1800 then it idles at about 1-1200 then it drops. But it didn't do it until they "adjusted" the idle.

At any rate, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.. that's gotta be one of the most annoying things to hear a honda revving like that at a red light.

Geez, I love mechanics sometimes.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

they adjusted it too high. they are stupid. if they were to put it at spec it wouldnt do it. if u lowerd it by the screw u should be fine, now if they adjusted the idle with the throttle cable id say get your money back cause they are fuken dumb.

get them to put the idle at 750 or 800.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

funny thing was the car was idling too slow, then I put in high octane gas and it started idling fine. I was contemplating taking it back, but I was gonna get opinons on it first.

I do live in TN, so the technicians here suck really bad, including my BMW dealership. They are the worst dealers I've ever dealt with in my life.

So you don't think I should deal with it myself? I hadn't touched anything at all, the car was doing it when I bought it. I asked that they look into it, and apparently they did.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
      Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
      Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
      Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

yeah, mines is doing the same thing now....again.
        i changed a lot of stuff, that it wasnt.
        it only does it at a stop. like theres a vacuum leak somewhere.
        but im a try the screw today turn it back some. i know what u mean, its annoying as hell.
        but mine does it sometimes then stops.
        like yesterday i was fine, then later in the day, i had just got out the car and it was fine then got back in it 10minutes later and it was doing it, im like WTF!.
        then it was doing it all the way home, then later that night it stop.
        then this morning it didnt, then 5 minutes later it did it, then 5 minutes later it stopped. shits just pissing me off, not because its a serious problem but causes its annoying and i need to be able to rev it to 2000rpm with out it doing this (for launch at the track)
        but im a check the screw today
        NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

when it happend to me was when i installed my gsr intake system. it would idle hella high and then drop up and down.

so i adjust my tention just a little bit on my throttle cable cause somethings thats not right. then it goes down a bit and starts to idle fine.

i know im not supposed to fix that but as long as it is in spec in my opinion im fine.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

there are a few reasons why it can be idleing that way. Its either a vaccum leak or poor manifold gasket(intake) or the tps or the air is set too high. Finally, one of the most common faults on our gen accords is the fast idle thermo valve.
            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Is this when it drops from like 1500 to a 1000 and dose it over and over again like every 2 seconds. Because I was getting that today

Comment

mines did it over 2000rpm. like at a stand still and i rev the motor up it would raise but then drop, then catch and raise again.

i fixed my problem, was a vacuum leak. my air fitler was at and angle, stuck on top of my zex module and battery ( have a huge battery) so i sqeezed it down to line it up with the the rest of the air intake and it stoped.
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Oh good you fixed it. Mine dose it at idle when its first started sometimes and im not pushing the gas

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                    Oh good you fixed it. Mine dose it at idle when its first started sometimes and im not pushing the gas

does it do it when u 1st start the car, but then stops after like 1-2 minutes, if so, its normal, its because of the air intake, honda start to do that after while.
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

its the fast idle thermo valve

Comment

mines really weird. when im rollin in neutral, the rpm is at 1500, but when i stop it goes down to 700-800. takes about a sec or two when i stop for it to go down.
                        why is that?

S A N D I E G O

Comment

I got the same problem and a problem with it idleing too low and shutting off. Took it to the shop they clean the throttle and now it jus revs up and down sometimes. Sounds funny as shit with my loud exhaust.Neways its better than idleing too low.

Comment

if your car is idling funny like when you first start it in the morninig thenI can almost gurantee its the fast idle valve it is not normal for the car to idle that way in the morn

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                              if your car is idling funny like when you first start it in the morninig thenI can almost gurantee its the fast idle valve it is not normal for the car to idle that way in the morn
                              it idles okay in the morning. it s just when im cruising about to stop at a light, i put it in neutral it stays at 1500, then when i stop it goes down to where it suppose to be around 700.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

Working...
                              X