Miss fire at low RPM while coasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss fire at low RPM while coasting

I have traded by NGK iridum plug for plain NKG copper plug on my swap JDM F22A engine and don't know if it have to do with it or not. I get missfire/backfire when I let off the gas anywhere below 3000rpm, I get that pop, pop sound from my exhaust. it only do it after I let off the gas. Friends told me maybe i'm running a bit to rich at below 3000RPM, so i adjust my SAFC down from -35% to -39% accross 1000-2000-3000 rpm range for low throttle. But I still hear the poping noise from the exhaust, what could be causing it??

Also Around 2000rpm if I let go of the gas petal and coast down before comming to a stop, the the rev will slower go down like it should and then surge up and down from 1200rpm to 1500rpm. if I hit the brake the rpm will go down and idle normally around 750rpm-650rpm. I just replace my alternator because it was bad, but that did not help with both of my issue.. any suggestion?? possible my distributor is dying?? I got new OEM cap, wire and rotor replace 4 month ago.
    Last edited by blazen_accord; 02-26-2004, 12:48 AM.
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

good question, mine does the same thing.

hold on to your butts

Comment

I have a F22a1, shortram, delta cam, and straight through muffler. 140k miles. Timing is at a tick above the highest timing mark, so probably 18-19 dbtdc. Cam timing is 1 or 2 degrees advanced. I have had a rich idle since putting in the cam. I always had popping sounds when decelerating, (especially in 2nd) and a loud exhausted tone, but recently the tone has become a harsh noise and insanely naisly below 3000 rpm, it sounds a bit constricted and the noise seems to be coming from under the car at the resonator before the muffler. Coasting down, it sounds like an airplane flying through a long tunnel while misfiring here and there, (sort of like a flange sound effect) but I haven't experienced any noticable power loss. The overall change in noise happened this weekend after driving 50 miles, I came to stop and noticed something different. Where it used to sound not bad, now it's annoying... like a spree scooter on crack.

hold on to your butts

Comment

Mine has done that ever since I put on my test pipe. I guess it's normal? My car still runs well though.

Comment

Sometimes a Exhaust leak will cause that
          Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

It's normal on any vehicle while decelerating in gear, stock exhaust muffles it, your aftermarket exhaust amplifies it to where you hear it. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yeah....When you let off the t.b flap closes and the car shoots lean.....And the spark burns the rest of the fuel
              Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

The two above posts says it all, if you happen to be running cat less that will do it also with a modified exaust. Just unburnt fuel, not a misfire. Don't worry man.

Comment

just keep checking your spark plugs..why is the ignition timing at 18?
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X