acura legend interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acura legend interchangability

hey guys, i was at my local goldmine the other day (the junkyard) and i spotted a acura legend. It has the 3.2 v6 that is rear wheel drive...I am not certain of the year, but from what i have found the <91 legends are front and the <91 are rear...(someone care to confirm please do), it has a full leather interior (4 door) and i was wondering if anything on the inside, doorpanels etc, would be interchangable with my 91 accord coupe...i dont know where this thread should go, and yes i searched...

here are a pic of the rims, dont know if they would help identify the legend or not..

please help me!
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Originally posted by high c
    hey guys, i was at my local goldmine the other day (the junkyard) and i spotted a acura legend. It has the 3.2 v6 that is rear wheel drive...I am not certain of the year, but from what i have found the <91 legends are front and the <91 are rear...(someone care to confirm please do), it has a full leather interior (4 door) and i was wondering if anything on the inside, doorpanels etc, would be interchangable with my 91 accord coupe...i dont know where this thread should go, and yes i searched...

please help me!
    1. acura legends are not rear wheel drive, they're front wheel drive. all of them are front wheel drive.
    2. about the only thing you would be able to swap over would be the front seats, i suppose the headlights
    3. why would you take pics of the wheels when interested in the interior parts?!!?
    Last edited by uncle_el; 02-11-2006, 02:23 PM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

awesome thanks for answering about the seats!
      1)Took pics of the rims bc i was going to look at them back at my house and try and figure what year the car was due to the fact they are still stock...

2)also, it is indeed rear wheel drive, the engine is not transverse (left to right) it is longitudinal (prob spelled wrong; front to back). here are a couple pics of what i mean...

and here is a front wheel drive legend...

so no, not all legends are FWD, it isnt possiable with the layout of the v6 pictures seen in the 2 above...if it is please enlighten me

Comment

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...x.cfm/id/2017/

Larger than prior Legends, the second generation of Acura's upmarket front-drive sedan debuted after the start of the '91 model year. A coupe soon followed on a shorter wheelbase, in L and luxury LS trim. Sedans came in three trim levels: base, L, and LS. Exterior and interior designs were evolutionary, but outer body panels were thicker than before, and more were galvanized for corrosion protection. All models have antilock braking. Antiroll bars grew in thickness, engines now used hydraulic front mounts, and rear brake discs were enlarged. LS Legends for 1991 included a passenger-side airbag; other models had one for the driver only.
        the current acura rl (which is badged as the honda legend in japan), is the first and only "legend" to be awd. otherwise, there is no rear wheel drive legend from the factory.

Comment

so then how can the engine be longatudinal with the tranny behind it and still be fwd? There is no way in shit that everyone of these 3.2 v6's have done 'custom' motor work to make it rear wheel...but if that fucker at the jyard is awd im takin that shit

know of anyway for it to be possiable to make those 3.2's fwd if they are set up like that?

Comment

Originally posted by high c
            so then how can the engine be longatudinal with the tranny behind it and still be fwd? There is no way in shit that everyone of these 3.2 v6's have done 'custom' motor work to make it rear wheel...but if that fucker at the jyard is awd im takin that shit

know of anyway for it to be possiable to make those 3.2's fwd if they are set up like that?
            i don't think you get it. the new acura rl (honda legned in japan), the one that came out in 2005 is all wheel drive. every legend prior to 2005 is front wheel drive.

the legend you saw at the junkyard is not all wheel drive, and is not rear wheel drive. it is front wheel drive.

in the modern era, the only rear wheel drive cars produced by honda are the nsx and the s2000.

Comment

ok, here we go...
              1) Dodge Intrepid:: FWD, motor sits parallel to the sides of the car
              2) older Acura TL w/ 5 cylinder:: FWD
              3) The Legen in your pics:: ALSO FWD

ALL these cars have a motor setup that makes them look like they are RWD, but they just have really oddly setup transmissions that drive the FRONT wheels and the FRONT wheels only
              1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
              4.0L I-6 2WD
              293k miles, still running strong.
              Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

BTW, cars can have a longitudinal (sp?) engine and be FWD.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

awesome, so it is an "odd trans' setup, soryr about draggin it out so much el lol all the cars i have seen with the engine like that are rear wheel.

thank you all for your input and patience

Comment

Talk about a pain in the ass to work on too. Cadillac did something similar when they started going FF on the El Dorados too. It may be similar on other Caddies but I haven't yet had the pleasure of finding out. Honda didn't get everything right, that's for sure.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yeah, it was actually the mini that revolutionized the industry back when it came out. as it had a tranverse mounted engine and tranny, which was designed at the time, with the intention of saving space and nothing more. prior to that, there had been FWD cars that had the engines placed lengthwise, and as we have seen in this care with acura honda...it is still sometimes done today...as to why...that's a better question. it's apparently a bitch to work on and would have just made more sense to mount em conventionally.

Comment

Ive got it. Look under the car.
                        SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

haaha why would i do that after i already know what i am going to find?

Comment

The only cars produced by Honda that are not FWD:
                            NSX - RWD
                            S2000 - RWD
                            RL SH 2005 - AWD

Comment

Just pretend its rear wheel drive, take it to Mt. Akina and get behind Takumi's 86.
                              Tell me something, I've seen similarities between the door panels, would they work in CB7's.
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                              X