Is this normal for a CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal for a CB7?

Ok granted this is my first CB7, but far from my first tuner project car, and I have never seen so much blowby as this car has. Both the PCV valve and the larger tube comming from the valve cover seem to produce waaaaaay more oil from them than on any car I've ever seen. Not only that, but I can't even seem to get a valve cover to seal. I've tried with a new gasket, tried with the old gasket, but after a couple of days oil starts seaping out between the gasket and my gasket sealant! Even my spark plugs seem to have some oil on them when I pull them out, but the tubes seem to not have too much oil in them, a little, but not puddles or anything.

So is this normal on one of these motors? I've just never seen anything like this before.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

my oil doesnt leak anyware from the vavle cover, there alot of presure that come out of the oil cap tho when the engines running

My Members Ride Page

Comment

I dont know if this is normal but i do have all of that except for oil leaking from the vc...i have a bolt on the vc that has oil pooled around it from time to time...and my plugs had oil on them too and i should really get the boots changed but thats about it...no serious leak that i can tell.

Comment

mine had a leak, but replacing the seals took care of it, and I don't even have my valve cover torqued. I used blue silicone to seal the seals though. Worked great.
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
        My (old) Ride

Comment

silicone the gaskets and put a breather filter on the vc.. works for me..

Comment

maybe putting a breather on the valve cover would relieve a little pressure and help this problem. I'll give it a shot.
            I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think we had some discussions on blowby a while ago, like a year or so ago.

As far as I can tell its normal.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=oil+catch

Comment

the PCV ssytem is there to relieve pressure. I honestly see very little oil coming through any PCV tube to the intake manifold.

What is the milage on the engine and how much oil does it consume between oil changes?

Comment

mileage is about 190K and it doesn't have time to "consume" oil, it leaks it out before that happens. Some of the leakage is from the valve cover, some from the distributor O-ring, and some from the front main.

Comment

Do the DIY oil catch can on here and that will solve your problems as customlowz posted up. But yea from the VC-Intake thats normally where most of the oil comes out.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would do a compression test. to me it sounds like there is excess blowby. The stock PCV system is more than adequate for a healthy stock engine.

Comment

Working...
                        X