used accord, what to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used accord, what to look for?

I'm going to check out a 91' coupe tomorrow with over 200K. It does have some minor body damage. The price of 800$ makes me think its a bucket but it looks pretty damn good (for 800$ anyway) from the pics and they say it runs and drives great. What are common problems on these cars to look for?? I'm not expecting anything perfect but I want a good cheap start for a project.

Rust, Bad window,

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

rear quarter panel rust and lack of maintenance, otherwise they're unstopable. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

rust,rust bends under chasis=signs of abuse/accidents. Check under the hood/oil/coolant make sure its a nice neon green with brown in it as far as the liquid. As for the oil make sure its not straight black. Make sure the motor doesnt knock.

Comment

Bring a magnet with you so u can search for untold body work just in case , i dunno if u care that much but yea haha, thats an easy way to find fixed areas. also under for more u guessed it RUST! and if ppl do it down there woodchips in the transmission. lol, just never know.
          1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
          Originally posted by yeamans17
          you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

how would you check for wood chips in the transmission?

Comment

look for weed.

there was a small stash in my change dispenser when i bought it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                look for weed.

LMAO!

Comment

i found three blunt roaches
                  fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

look for weed.

care to share the love?

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

that was like a year and a half ago.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

try and turn the wheel and get a look at the brake pads.... also start it and pump the brakes a lil.... you may want to even do a few rides around the block with rapid stops... could have a bad brake boost unit....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

that was like a year and a half ago.
                          yeah i remember you sayin that like years back

Comment

were you the one that took a pic of it too?? that was some surprise.

if its an lx/ex, see how well all of the power options work.
                            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Make sure the body lines up straight, the windows roll up straight, the doors close, trunk closes nicely, etc... Shit like that seems easy but is a pain in the ass to fix...

Comment

Working...
                              X