Do blown headgaskets throw CELs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do blown headgaskets throw CELs?

well im suspecting i have a blown headgasket..or small leak the reason is i see small smudges of oil in my coolant when it is warm. they look like very small puddles of oil at first i thought it was rust and thought it was rust from the heater core .. so i flushed my rad but with the new coolant.. it defintely is small smudges of oil

also i dont think its my automatic tranny fluid that is seeping into the coolant becuase its pretty much brand new

well my car has been throwing a CEL .. i thought it was my SAFC and a loose connection so i soldered each connection but that wasnt the case..
    i wont figure out what the CEL is until i use that method with the paper clip and count the number of times the CEL blinks..

im guessing it maybe the coolant temperature.. but wouldnt the gauge in the car show that its getting hot?

what CEL would a blown headgasket show?.. coolant temp?.. oil pressure??..

im a newb to CEL's

thanks... ill keep yall posted

No they dont throw cels. If anything you may get an O2 but thats theoretically speaking.

Also, trust me, you will know if you HG is blown. Its not a pretty site at all, all color smoke, lack of power, and it runs like pure shit.

Comment

I would pull those codes asap man.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

you'd pretty much look like a freight train going down the road with white smoke everywhere and overheating (typically). later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          you'd pretty much look like a freight train going down the road with white smoke everywhere and overheating (typically). later.

yea blown headgaskets are unmistakable...so much smoke some people think their car is on fire lmao!

Comment

Working...
          X