suspension problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension problems

Hey guys i got a huge problem. I replaced rotors, brakes, tie rods, cv axles & wheel bearings and my left front wheel still shakes like it just wants to fall off the car. Even when I shift it will either jerk to the left or right. what the hell is the problem? I got one opinion from a guy and he said that it could be the ball joint on the bottom of the hub thats gone bad or the bushings somewhere on that side are worn. Give me some insight on what I need to do because im tired of spending money and not solving the damn problem!
    My CB For Sale

Did you have an alignment done after all of that work was done?

Also, on wheel bearings, I went through two of them and came to find out that the knuckle assembly that holds the bearing was out of round somehow, and let the bearing move a bit, causing it to fail prematurely. I ended up going to the junkyard and got the whole knuckle assembly with a good wheel bearing and swapping it over, only cost me like 80 bux and couple hours.

L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

No I havent gotten the alignment done yet but thats what Im betting on or the tires are unbalanced somehow. yeah i got the whole hub for both sides and it still shakes.
      My CB For Sale

Comment

james, jack the car up and see if you can move the wheel pulling from the bottom. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I'll try that tomorrow, thanks Brian.
          My CB For Sale

Comment

you got bad alignment.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

you did all that work and you didn't get your tires balenced or get an alignment? lol

It's more than likely unbalenced or warped. I've yet to find an alignment problem that made the steering wheel shake.
              1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
              2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                you did all that work and you didn't get your tires balenced or get an alignment? lol

It's more than likely unbalenced or warped. I've yet to find an alignment problem that made the steering wheel shake.
                x2 Off alignment will make you pull in a direction
                Off balance will cause a vibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                  x2 Off alignment will make you pull in a direction
                  Off balance will cause a vibration.
                  well im going to get my tires re-balanced today and i wont be able to get an alignment til I go back home next weekend since it costs so damn much. Its like 40 bucks back home and down here every one charges $70 and up so thats gonna have to wait. I just wanna get rid of that vibration because it seems like the tire wants to fall off. I wish my blackberry recorded video so you all can hear that crap. It makes me nervous as hell!! Then it might be just that tire itself. I just got those tires in december so how in the hell can the weights fall off?
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

Sometimes they just get slung off. Don't ask how, it just happens.

Comment

I think I found he problem....

how about today after driving back and forth to class, I drove to the store and my brake calipers locked up and I didnt notice it until I was in first gear moving at a slower pace than usual. so I pulled in the driveway of a friends house and noticed that my brakes were literally on fire and so I know that you are not supposed to spray water on the rotors after just driving but I had to do it in order to save the car. So there was no damage to my car but I did notice after the car cooled off and i took the brake calipers off, there were holes in the rubber where the piston pushes out so that says alot toward the problem. So i believe that the brake caliper was pressing the brake pads on the rotor and not releasing properly so that caused the strange vibration. But I am going to get new calipers and brake lines for it. I guess I got an excuse now to get steel braided lines. I will try to replace the master cylinder after that. Do you all think that was the problem? Leave feedback please!
                      My CB For Sale

Comment

replace the rotors also, they are now probably warped.

Comment

damn. frozen calipers. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Be sure to flush the entire brake system and put in new fluid. The fluid has probably already boiled and won't be any good. Best way is to gravity drain it over night.

Drain the fluid, then leave the valves open over night with dpip pans under neath them.

Hope all goes well.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                              replace the rotors also, they are now probably warped.
                              I hope not since I just put the new ones on last week and what is the best way to bleed the new calipers to put fluid through them to work properly...

Do you just drain the old fluid out? Is that how it needs to be flushed is it something you pour into the brake system to flush it.
                              Last edited by JTEK24; 02-24-2007, 01:39 AM.
                              My CB For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X