fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injectors

okay whats the difference between saturated injectors and peak and hold..

also how exactly does this work.. i don't get how it senses lil voltage to the wire to turn it spray..

same goes with speed sensor how does the car know how fast ur going.. it senses voltage in what sense.. it doesn't make sense to me at all.. i thought maybe it was just measuring the RPM and calucating how fast the gears in the tranny are going.. but thru amperage/voltage its really confusing... anyone wanna clear it up thanks..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

the speedo gear has a tab on it similar to the way abs sensors works the faster the tab moves the higher the voltage the stronger the signal.

for the injectors it would be easiest to discribe as a small machine in its self look up a cross section of it that will prolly help you understand it a bit. this should be dumbed down enough if you really want an explination howitworks.com is your friend

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Supposedly peak and hold injectors operate a tad bit faster than saturated injectors, but I've heard of saturated used in high-powered applications as well. Saturated injectors operate with about 10 ohms resistance and require no resistance box, therefore less current goes through them and they supposedly run cooler than peak & hold. Peak and hold operate with a 2-3 ohm resistance, require a resistance box and have more current going through them, causing them to run hotter.

Hondas use both, just have to know which motor uses what. Our 90-93 Accords have peak & hold 240 cc/min rated injectors.

In talking with RC Engineering regarding injectors on the phone, they told me that peak & hold injectors need that "resistance box" (aluminum box with fins on driver side fender area on 90-93 Accords). However, saturated injectors do not need the resistance box and you can supposedly run saturated with or without the injector box installed, doesn't matter. Atleast, that's what they told me and used a 440 cc/min saturated injector setup on an NSX as an example, when it normally has peak & hold stock.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

what's the stock injector size for the h22a?
        91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
        bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda
          Search for it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda
            340cc
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
              340cc
              +5.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                +5.
                Or if you're Cisco, +15.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

1992-'96 Prelude Non-VTEC Peak and Hold 240cc
                  1992-'96 Prelude VTEC Peak and Hold 345cc
                  1997-up Prelude VTEC H22 Saturated 280cc
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

so...more explanation? And by that I mean WHY are they called peak and hold and the other saturated...I'm sure I'll go ..."oh I feel stupid" once it's explained

is one "better" or "worse"...?? or does it depend on application? again...sure I'll call myself a dumbass once explained
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81

In talking with RC Engineering regarding injectors on the phone, they told me that peak & hold injectors need that "resistance box" (aluminum box with fins on driver side fender area on 90-93 Accords). However, saturated injectors do not need the resistance box and you can supposedly run saturated with or without the injector box installed, doesn't matter. Atleast, that's what they told me and used a 440 cc/min saturated injector setup on an NSX as an example, when it normally has peak & hold stock.

I can confirm that it will idle a car. Not sure how it will run as I've never tried that. You can do peak and hold without the resistors as well.

I also recently found out that 450cc injectors will idle fine and drive decently in our cb7's without any ecu modifications. it will buck when given full throttle tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                      X