Fuel Pump Kill Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump Kill Switch

i remember reading something about doing a kill switch on a car by finding the wires for the fuel pump...and making a switch n stuff to do the kill switch and if the switch is off and you try to start the car...its gonna start but it wont last 4 a few sec. or something like that...i wanted to do this for my car...but if i do this...is this bad for my car? like will i have any problems in the future?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

you probably wont have any problems unless youre foolish enough to mount the switch under the dash, or make very poor connections. (solder w/heatshrink FTW)

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

naw im not tht foolish...

anyone know where the wires would be by any chance?

Comment

Here's a LINK to a how-to from a site I used to be on. A lot of the members on there have done it without problems. As it mentions on there, make sure to use blade connectors so that in case the switch burns up you're not SOL.
        Originally posted by 92dm
        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
        VOUCHES
        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

o0h nice...thanx alot now i could start it tomarrow so my parents could stop using my car unnoticed

Comment

I was thinking about this.. I don't remember what the main relay looks like, but I do remember that it is hard to get to......I was thinking maybe it would be possible to relocate the main relay so that you could reach under the dash and unplug it easily. So when you park in a crappy neighborhood you can just reach down there, unplug it and take it with you. Perhaps even plug a fake relay in there. This might be a better idea for those of us who have "gutted" interiors and the fuel pump wires are easy to see. What do you guys think?

Comment

sounds like a good plan. though... maybe just a hidden switch or something.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

you can pick up the fuel pump wires under the rear seat... its one of the 3, forget which one

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You could just pull the ECU fuse and the car won't start
                  wat?

Comment

Just to help, This is the main relay:

On Sunday I got my wagon stolen and thank God it was recovered about 60 miles away in Azusa. The asshole used a key that looks like the tiny mailbox key. Used the car to get where he needed and then picked up another Honda to get back. I had to pay impound $225 "Cash sir. no credit card" and fill tank and drive it sixty miles back with the smell of butts. But I got it back!
                    The main relay idea is great...but it is very hard to get to. I would love to relocate it so I could remove it every time I exit. But it is also a bitch to unplug and plug. So where is the ECU fuse? Or what # is it? That sounds like a better solution. What about removing the 80 amp under the hood? I'm out of money and I need to come up with $1,114 for Joe's housing at USCB by the 15th, so don't mention car alarms.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow
                      Just to help, This is the main relay:

On Sunday I got my wagon stolen and thank God it was recovered about 60 miles away in Azusa. The asshole used a key that looks like the tiny mailbox key. Used the car to get where he needed and then picked up another Honda to get back. I had to pay impound $225 "Cash sir. no credit card" and fill tank and drive it sixty miles back with the smell of butts. But I got it back!
                      The main relay idea is great...but it is very hard to get to. I would love to relocate it so I could remove it every time I exit. But it is also a bitch to unplug and plug. So where is the ECU fuse? Or what # is it? That sounds like a better solution. What about removing the 80 amp under the hood? I'm out of money and I need to come up with $1,114 for Joe's housing at USCB by the 15th, so don't mention car alarms.

why dont you just make a switch instead of pulling and and putting back the relay? u could mount the switch anywhere too so no one could find it

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        you can pick up the fuel pump wires under the rear seat... its one of the 3, forget which one
                        Yellow

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

The ECU 10 amp fuse pulled works just fine....now if I somehow misplace that little fuse.........Yikes!!!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                          New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                          My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                            You could just pull the ECU fuse and the car won't start

for real?
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                            X