#4 not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would think so
    Last edited by almostJDM; 10-05-2007, 12:34 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

you know, the same shit happen to the motor I have from the previous owner. I guess the timing was advanced 35 degrees and lots of smoke came out from the intake as well. Guess what, I did the leak down test on this motor too, and 3 and 4 had like 60 percent leakage. Sounds like you and I are having the same crisis. But good for you, I am the genieau pig that will have to rip apart my motor and see what will fit. Also, Jed (ghost2.2) found a set of f20b head gasket kit set on ebay. you better jump on it.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i saw it too $200 for the complete head seal kit which has valve seal, cam seal, head ,intake, exhaust gaskets, and VC/ spark plug tube seals

also found a co. that sells the head gaskets alone for about $80 shipped i think its actually like $72 shipped but yea thanks for being the test subject lol i would but i work too much lol and y schedual i messed up so i only get once or twice a week where i can work on stuff on my car ...well its more like a total of 14 days lol so now my next 3 days off ima pull this biotch out oh and my timing id dead on 15 deg. BTDC oh and ive seem these pop up more and more latly ive seen someone selling this gasket set for the past month or so but yea when i test my compression ill buy it and if its gone b4 then then ill buy just the head gasket then ill get the valve seals form KMS along with my forged pistons
        Last edited by almostJDM; 10-05-2007, 12:46 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

hey mike

hows she doin now?

hit me up in MSN bro

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

will do

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread

Comment

it's kool. I don't have time either. father of four, husband, I work, church on sunday's, 1 saturday off a month, $ide job$. but I will find time. try doing a leak down test.

Comment

kk will do after i do a comp test next saturday....ive never done a leak down test how do i do it?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

put each cyl. to top dead center one at a time. then put you special tool hose in that cyl. that is on tdc. apply air to the special tool gauge and it will give you how many percent it is leaking. if you hear it coming from the intake, then it is your valves, you hear it coming from your exhaust, then it is your ex. valves, you hear it from the oil dip stick, then it is your rings. sorry not so informative. just google it. ( leak down test)

Comment

thats plenty of info now i just gotta find this tool ....thanks

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X