blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower motor

i think my blower motor is going out....its been kinda noisy for a while making a whirring/ buzzing sound....today it stopped working...so i checked the fuse and replaced it...and i also checked the relay and replaced with another just to see if it was either of those and nothing...so i started banging on the blower motor and it started working....wat do u guys think?
    My Members Ride Thread

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Probably a bad connection. Take off your glove box you should see it. There should be a connector goin to it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i had the same thing. i lasted a realy long time juz banging on it until it went out. i would start saving because they arent cheap and just bang on it till u get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
          i had the same thing. i lasted a realy long time juz banging on it until it went out. i would start saving because they arent cheap and just bang on it till u get a new one.
          thats what i figured...cause it never use to make that whirring whining sound from the blower motor and lately its been doing that so the motor is probly on its way out...alright so ill probly just get another.
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

it aint cheap huh? If you want to buyone, i got one. $20 plus shipping.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Ha!

Letting it die is borderline retarded.

Something needs fixing, fix it.

Comment

Junkyard, Ebay, the internets lol expensive.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Junkyard, Ebay, the internets lol expensive.

i dunno , i just usually say $20 for anything of that sort. I dont even look up what the going price is for the majority of the time

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    i dunno , i just usually say $20 for anything of that sort. I dont even look up what the going price is for the majority of the time
                    That is actually really cheap honestly. I would get one but I have no need for it. I can make a good fan with it at home lol.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thats a great price actually, i had to replace my parents its pretty easy its just just a little tricky pulling it out but its not hard. I say buy Johns or try to find one local and the next time your free replace it, cause it will go out most likely when you dont want it to. In my parents case it was in the middle of the heatwave last summer lol.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                      Frost White Member 13
                      My Ride
                      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

haha FYI i paid about $475 to get this fixed at Honda. But that was retail so if you can do it yourself, then it'd maybe be about 150 (cost of new motor). But i got by for at least 3 months by banging it. It's making that weird ticking type of noise right? yeah if its doing this, its about to go on its way out.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                          it aint cheap huh? If you want to buyone, i got one. $20 plus shipping.
                          you have been pm'ed cause im soooo cold
                          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

thats what fan bearings do... when they start going bad they stop and can be started by hitting it. itll soon stop completely. buy johns and replace it... its a pain in the ass but its doable without pulling the dash. if you dont know where the bolts are, use a haynes, because they are hard to see without the dash off.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              thats what fan bearings do... when they start going bad they stop and can be started by hitting it. itll soon stop completely. buy johns and replace it... its a pain in the ass but its doable without pulling the dash. if you dont know where the bolts are, use a haynes, because they are hard to see without the dash off.
                              yea i got the haynes i was reading how to do it...hopefully its not too bad.....so i'll be installing as soon as i get it....sucks having to work in the cold but i'll sacrifice so i can have heat in the car
                              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X