Car not starting now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car not starting now!

Alright so last saturday I swapped in the f22a6 it started up fine 3 times. So now my cel,battery, and oil light doesn't light it bright it's dim and all it does is click thats it! Every other light is bright except for the cel, battery, and oil light!
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

check battery ?

Comment

I have power to everything but those 3 lights aren't light bright they are dim, also my fuel pump isn't priming before starting I think my main relay has took a crap on me!

Comment

check and re-check all grounds. epically thermostat ground.
        Seattle Silver crew #5
        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by accord91lx
          check and re-check all grounds. epically thermostat ground.
          X2 I had the same problem after I put the battery in the boot.
          It was a bad main earth wire connection from the chassis to gearbox.

And yea check that thermostat ground, It causes all sorts of problems

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

All of those are good every ground is hooked up, it started last week and now it doesn't the cel, battery, and oil light on the gauge cluster is very dim, the fuel pump isn't priming on the before starting. Im going to change out the main relay tomorrow when I get home from work!

Comment

Try some starting fluid.

Comment

it wont turn over ,because i helped him put it in. i dont think its the main relay because it dosent have any power to turn it over. but we had jumper cables on it and it has power to everything else i think its sumthin in the wiring or the ignition harness

Comment

is it cranking over slowly if so replace the starter fixed mine but as for the dim lights check the battery and the connections

Engine:
                  stock F22A4
                  Cold Air Intake
                  2.5in Exaust No Cat toTip
                  Interior:
                  Short Shifter
                  Exterior:
                  5% tint all the way around
                  15in gun metal with crome lip rims
                  DIY jdm black headlights

Future Mods:
                  DSM Turbo

Comment

it doesnt crank at all

Comment

Yea and when I tap the starter it doesn't spark or nothing only the chim come on that's it! I put the new main relay in and all! I don't remember pinching any wires over the week. It's just crazy how it started last week when I got the motor in and now it does even do nothing, I'm holding power the battery is fully charged all grounds are hooked up. Like I said before that the cel, battery, and oil light are the only ones that are dim on the gauge cluster. There is no clicking to the starter now, the fuel pump isn't priming, but I have full power!

Comment

Still sounds like a bad earth problem, Double check all the earths, even if they are tight, there can still be a bad connection.
                        Try put a voltmeter against the motor and the chassis. When I had a bad earth (same symptoms as yours) I was getting 12v on the block, I was like WTF
                        Then after spending an hour or so on it scratching my head. I removed the earths, and found the culprit - Poor connection, not loose, just poor
                        Last edited by evil_demon_01; 12-18-2007, 12:20 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I remember the mechanic saying that my ignition switch was going maybe it just did!

Comment

my car did that too.... turns out my starter went bad. it did nothing but click but not come on.... got another starter now we are a-okay!
                            Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
                            Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
                            Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

the starter doesn't even click and when I put a volt meter up to it it pulled 20.4 around that number.

Comment

Working...
                              X