1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

no doubt it works, but it makes your freon lines look like beef jerky. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

my friend works with residential a/c stuff and last weekend he showed me how he did the same thing. overtop of the tar insulation he wrapped black duct tape so it wasnt as sticky, and had a little bit more of a uniform texture.

still looks like burnt beef jerkey. but it definitely definitely works.

ive also noticed how removing my stock a/c insulation definitely made it worse/warmer.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Wow im doing this.

Comment

I'd do it, but it looks like shit.

I've taken pretty much all the insulation and I have a header, Still gets pretty damn cold with leaky 134a
          wat?

Comment

You could always wrap something over this stuff if you're worried about looks.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

damn..people in CA and Texas can use this..it's not too bad here in VA..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

If worried on looks, can wrap that aluminum tape over it, it would make it look decent. Anyhow, this DIY makes sense, I'll keep it in mind for future possibilities on other cars.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i'm happy most find this info useful
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

well what do you do when you have a possible leak? how will you be able to see the dye through that crap?

The premise of the idea works, but then you also gotta look at the short comings of it. And what about tackiness? does it attract dirt like a mofo? I would rather not have something that makes the bay look dirty as shit, like it has oil all over the stuff.

And how much is that stuff to begin w/? Exactly how much would you need to do this to our accords? If there's something else out there that doesn't look so tacky looking, like maybe a nice smooth cover or something, I'd prob. do it since I live in basically Hell for 3 months outta the year.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Great DIY!!!!!!!!!!!! This will help a lot of folks now and in the future
                      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My coupe!!!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

what about those tubes of foam people use for water pipes at home? i'm sure they make one the same diameter as our A/C piping.

hell i gotta go to Homedepot because the kitchen sink decided to bust a pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          what about those tubes of foam people use for water pipes at home? i'm sure they make one the same diameter as our A/C piping.

hell i gotta go to Homedepot because the kitchen sink decided to bust a pipe.
                          Funny you should mention that, I was looking for weatherstripping at Home Depot yesterday to fix some door rattles, and I saw that piping insulation stuff and I really did think about grabbing some for my AC piping. I think it was around $1.14 a foot though.
                          Last edited by foamypirate; 07-10-2008, 05:10 PM.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

question is, can the stuff from home depot stand up to under hood temps? i used to work with that stuff when i did hvac work and it didn't seem very robust. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              question is, can the stuff from home depot stand up to under hood temps? i used to work with that stuff when i did hvac work and it didn't seem very robust. later.
                              yeah! thats exactly where I just came from. They've got 3 diff. types of insulation. A foam type like those noodle things you play w/ in the pool which didn't look to heat retardant, a metallic tape w/ foam underneath which i thought was going to be okay, but the Home Depot guy said it might not work and was scared it was gonna catch on fire. And they also had this non-metallic foam tape which looked worse than the second option. And that stuff on the box said not to apply to anything that gets above 180*F. So since the T-stat opens at like 220 or 190 or something higher than 180, I held off in getting that tape.

I also tried going to Autozone, but the mexican dudes behind the counter looked at me w/ a weird puzzled look on their face. So idk, I can't find this crap anywhere.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X