This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
    i use the yellow JDM zip ties they hold up just keep a pack of them in your car having a low car will scrap shit occasionally just the nature of the beast my shit has been broken since i bought it and i just run zip ties it works and yopu can make the gap what ever you want
    Where exactly are you putting these zip ties....on the corner edges? Is there a hole there to run it through and a stable spot on the frame to secure it to, good enough to pull that bumper cover up some? Got any pics?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

I've taken mine off maybe 4-5 times and haven't had any type of gap issues when I reinstalled it. Might be because I replace ALL the nuts/bolts/screws when I put it back on instead of just a couple of them.

The 2 nuts that go behind the bumper lights (1 behind each light) and the 2 nuts that go inside the engine bay (1 underneath each headlight) I'll put on till they're barely loose so that I can adjust the bumper if need be.

The 2 screws that go inside the fender well (1 on each side) I tighten all the way.

Once this is done I center myself in front of the bumper and lift with my knee till the bumper is where I want it and then I tighten down the 2 nuts behind the bumper lights.

After that I tighten down the 2 nuts underneath the headlights inside the engine bay (while still holding the bumper up) and there it is...................bumper is back on AND straight.

Sometimes I'll have to loosen a nut or 2 to adjust the bumper a little but other than that it's cake (even though I HATE doing this). I think the biggest problem people run into with bumper sag is the fact that they don't reinstall all the necessary hardware like they should. Enjoy!
      Last edited by sideswipe; 09-06-2009, 11:27 AM.
      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

i found out that sumtimes when messing with the bumper the two long bolts that go to the support gets bent at the joint where it meets the support it self. try bending it down and try that...
        clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
        Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair View Post
          I loosen the bolts, put my knee under one side and lift, then tighten, then do the other side
          I do this too, works great.

Comment

since i had the car the only thing holding on my bumper is the 2 nuts the are in the engine bay. it must have been in a accident at 1 time or another before i got it lol

Ride List
            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7
              Where exactly are you putting these zip ties....on the corner edges? Is there a hole there to run it through and a stable spot on the frame to secure it to, good enough to pull that bumper cover up some? Got any pics?
              Here is mine:
              yes, I cut off the extra.

Look at my sig and you won't notice anything or all other pics.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Damn, that's ghetto.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09
                  Damn, that's ghetto.

If you can tell from this pics that I have ziptied on than yes it is...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

This thread is pretty good, thought id revive it again since ive been 3 days looking for this solution and just happend to stumble upon it while searching for something else

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                      This thread is pretty good, thought id revive it again since ive been 3 days looking for this solution and just happend to stumble upon it while searching for something else
                      hahah oh i was looking at the dates and i was like who the fuck posted on this thread hahahahaha

i have no clue cuz mine arent sagging...i dont think lol

.My Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                        If you can tell from this pics that I have ziptied on than yes it is...

show off, your just posting to look at your pretty car.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by 203banshee View Post
                          yea same problem i have....
                          i already tried wat u guys said but nothin works

sucks...
                          Not sure if anyone has actually given you a correct answer yet, I cbf reading through. But the problem is that you (or the previous owner) have hit something with your bumper, (probably another a car). This has caused the brackets to crack, bend and form into something else which they're not supposed to be. I have it on both my front and rear bumpers, I noticed it once I had hit both cars and the only cure of it is to buy a completely new (or used) bumper with the correct brackets.

Or, as stated above. Use zip-ties.

Comment

Working...
                          X