• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if any one is interested in security

like the title says if your interested in security look here
    http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/
    lost but not forgotten 9-11-01

Just a thought. do you think thieves search sites like this to find out the little tricks?

Good site though.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

who knows they probably do but they dont know where you live and you could always do it a different way and hide things in different spots
      lost but not forgotten 9-11-01

Comment

Nice find man i am really going to try some stuff on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
          Just a thought. do you think thieves search sites like this to find out the little tricks?

Good site though.
          any security is better than none, at least it stops the common no brain theif and slows down the experienced one leaving them more time to be caught.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
            any security is better than none, at least it stops the common no brain theif and slows down the experienced one leaving them more time to be caught.

Well put.

Comment

only thing i would add to that would be a garage

i cant even sleep comfortably while my car is parked outside

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Ok as far as stealin a car, why not just RIG up a kill switch. You can hide it any where. You can find some nice spots in the cb or any car. A kill switch on= car goes no where.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

for a while I pulled my main relay, starter cable, coil plug wire and ECU out of my car when i was scared it was gonna get jacked lol It wasnt going anywhere without a tow truck lol

Comment

Good site though.
                    it's not really a matter of the tricks as much as the time consuming, attention drawing solutions to the tricks.

best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and your radio turned down around people. otherwise, you're advertising.
                    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                      it's not really a matter of the tricks as much as the time consuming, attention drawing solutions to the tricks.

best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and your radio turned down around people. otherwise, you're advertising.
                      2x no thief is gunna sit in a car for two hours carefully digging through it to make the alarm work while he's vunerable. He'll just move on to the ungaurded Civic down the street. Speaking of alarms, any of ya'll had lojack installed?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Good site though.

Originally posted by That website
                        Maybe you're thinking that thieves are going to read to this site and that will defeat the purpose of it. That simply isn't true. First of all, the chances of a thief reading this site and then encountering a vehicle that had the alarm installed this way is very very unlikely. Secondly, I've offered alternatives so that no two vehicles need to be the same. Lastly and most importantly is the fact that knowing where the alarm is doesn't mean that it's an easier to get to. Knowing that there is a backup battery doesn't negate it. Knowing that the external siren is fused so that you can't short the internal siren doesn't help a thief one bit. Just don't be an idiot and tell people specifics about your security, ie, where your kill switch is.

Good find but thats nothing new.

One sure shot way to install and alarm is to run all the wiring along with your OEM wiring thats already there....then heatshrink everything.....unless that theif has a masters in wiring he wont know what the fuck he is looking at because it will all be huge bundles of wiring.

And then of course the obvious...dont tell people details...kill switches...etc.
                        Last edited by Ralphie; 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM.

Comment

This site has some great info! Somebody just tried to steal my wife's 97 240sx this past weekend. They pulled the hood cable and cut the siren so I didn't even hear the alarm.

Comment

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X