INT: 90-93 Integra Fog switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: 90-93 Integra Fog switch

This DIY covers how to install a 90-93 (DA) Integra fog switch into your cruise switch housing.

First, you must disassemble the cruise switch. cpMike has an excellent diy on this right here---->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1486

I just push hard one the back of the button to pop it out.

First dremel out the button supports using a sanding drum until the inside is smooth. It should look like this when it's done.

You can leave the metal clip in the side of the housing, just smooth out the inside flush as possible because the fog switch is the same size as the button opening. There is a little leeway tho.

Next you have to cut the back panel and circuit board in half. I used the tabs as a guide, cut on the side that you put the switch in. I used a hack saw for a nice clean cut.

Slide the button in from the front, if it doesn't slide in you gotta grind more away. It'll be a little tough fitting it exactly flush, but it will fit flush. Voila done!

These fog switches are easy to find, every DA Integra had them. This will work in place of either button, so this will work for you EX people who deleted cruise control. I recommend picking up a spare switch to do this to, I am not responsible for your actions, messing up your only switch, etc.

Now to wire it. I have made a diagram of the wire colors and what they are for. Enjoy.

Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 04-01-2009, 07:22 PM.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Great DIY never would have thought of this

How about a wrtie up on how to wire it ?

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
      Great DIY never would have thought of this

How about a wrtie up on how to wire it ?
      I would figure out how to wire it, but i didn't grab the wiring harness. I will grab one tomorrow and figure it out.

Comment

so does the cruise control still work since you cut the electrical panels?
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

for people that dont have cruise control like me, it would be a great option, nice diy

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
            so does the cruise control still work since you cut the electrical panels?
            Yup cruise should still work, if you look at the circuit board you will see that the cruise switch and sunroof/blank circuit have seperate circuits.

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
            for people that dont have cruise control like me, it would be a great option, nice diy
            Yup you can also put this in place of the cruise switch.

Comment

Creative, nice work!

Comment

Nice Write-Up!

Originally posted by toycar
                Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

i have a oem fog switch if anybody needs one..pm me

Comment

Sooo, can ya help a guy with the wiring on the fog switch? I got about 6" of stock wiring on the back of the plug, but theirs like 5 wires or so, i assume theirs a ground, the power wire for the little light, and other stuff... But whats for what??? Thanks! got all my parts waiting to be installed...

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
                      Sooo, can ya help a guy with the wiring on the fog switch? I got about 6" of stock wiring on the back of the plug, but theirs like 5 wires or so, i assume theirs a ground, the power wire for the little light, and other stuff... But whats for what??? Thanks! got all my parts waiting to be installed...
                      I was gonna write up how to wire it, but I grabbed the wrong plug from the yard and it'll be next week before I get to go again. I'll get you started tho.

Black = ground
                      Red = illumination
                      Red/Black = illumination

The other 2 should be to switch the foglights. Just try hooking them up to power and the lights till you get the correct combination that lights up the indicator when the lights are on. I'll make a diagram when I get a plug next week. And don't forget to use a relay!

Comment

A relay? With the fogs I have wired up now, i just splined in a 20-30 amp fuse, that sound ok? Ive had it that way for... 5 months or so. What is this relay going to do for me? What kind of relay should i look for? (not too familiar with relay's). Or is my fuse safe enough?

Comment

I finally had time to mess with the switch. I added a wiring diagram to the first post.

Comment

Finally did mine today. works great. Cant beleive i waited over a year to get to it, maaan.

Comment

i would put in an integra cruise control switch too. So it matches and looks right.

Comment

Working...
                              X