Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Gummiegorillas Do it Nice or Do it Twice A/C Retrofit !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    Pre-summer time bump

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    by the way, why did you remove the condenser from the car?
    The reason that I removed the condensor was because its easier to move the A/C flush through it when you shake it like an Etch-A-Sketch :P also while its off you kinda have to work that stuff out of it good (flipping it upside down and such) and make sure you get out all that left over ester oil and A/C Flush when you blow it out with the compressed air. Hope this helps.

Peace,
    Gummiegorilla.
    Last edited by Gummiegorilla; 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• semitas
    replied
    i was forced to rep you sir, very well done, this is how you do do a write up, leaves you with no questions

Leave a comment:

• Tippey764
    replied
    what a coincidence you bump this thread the day i begin removing my engine and A/C to redo it following this DIY. Thank you for saving me searching time lol

by the way, why did you remove the condenser from the car?
    Last edited by Tippey764; 04-14-2011, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by tru2037 View Post
    Do you still have the PN# for that o-ring kit, everytime I ask someone at the counter, they break out a o-ring tray and tell me to pick out what I need or they offer to sell the whole thing.... Have you tried just shooting r134a into a r12 system?

Line wrenches help out a lot for a/c lines. Now that you've got the gauges and vacuum grab up a scale, buy a keg of r134a and make some of that money back
    Heres the link to the part number from Autozone.
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...71_0_9287_2398

Also if you you mix r12 with r134a they will create something called "The Black Death" and it basically will clog every component of the system after a while which will end up leading to compressor failure, seal leaks, etc. Hope this helps

Peace,
    Gummiegorilla.

Leave a comment:

• DariuszZ
    replied
    holy shit.
    So much work!

Well done

Leave a comment:

• tru2037
    replied
    Do you still have the PN# for that o-ring kit, everytime I ask someone at the counter, they break out a o-ring tray and tell me to pick out what I need or they offer to sell the whole thing.... Have you tried just shooting r134a into a r12 system?

Line wrenches help out a lot for a/c lines. Now that you've got the gauges and vacuum grab up a scale, buy a keg of r134a and make some of that money back

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    Hmmmmm.... for some weird reason my thread keeps disapearing every couple months maybe if i bump it, it'll go back up. Also Deev lemmie know if i shouldnt be posting to put the thread back up. Im not trying to post whore my own thread or anything

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    I have a felling this DIY is gonna get real popular this spring and summer lol

Leave a comment:

• dakiid
    replied
    Awesome diy
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• xkjnboix
    replied
    Originally posted by Gummiegorilla View Post
    No worries the whole point of this DIY was to help people stay cool. Im glad you found your leak and fixed it. So did yoiu stick with the R12, or did you change it over to R134a ?

Peace,
    gummiegorilla.
    im sure my system was r134a converted long b4 i got it. i had someone do my a/c system when i bought the car back when i was 16, so he took care of it. r12 is pretty much impossible to find nowdays haha

Leave a comment:

• Accrdwgnguy
    replied
    R134a is more efficient, and also more environmentally friendly

Leave a comment:

• Sarthos
    replied
    So is the R134a just cheaper to use, or is it actually "better" somehow?

Leave a comment:

• Gummiegorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
    not to take anything away from this awesome DIY but just goes to show that you can find the cause of your problems and solve it without great expense or time invested.
    No worries the whole point of this DIY was to help people stay cool. Im glad you found your leak and fixed it. So did yoiu stick with the R12, or did you change it over to R134a ?

Peace,
    gummiegorilla.

Leave a comment:

• xkjnboix
    replied
    update: i began to inspect my cb in preparation for this DIY and actually found the issue as to where my freon was leaking.

i fixed my system which still blows cold 3 months down the line for 5$ part and a can of freon ( i already had one in the garage ) so i spent 30$ and little less than 30 minutes including the drive to and from fixing my system by just careful inspection.

not to take anything away from this awesome DIY but just goes to show that you can find the cause of your problems and solve it without great expense or time invested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X