• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIX YOUR PICS!!!
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
      real sorry guys, I've been an ass about this

however, I can't seem to find the cd that I had the pics saved on...they might be in storage...I will try my best to see if I can dig them up some time this week...again, sorry guys
      Guys, I think the pics have been lost for good. We should stop assaulting poor flip. We can use what flipricist wrote as a guide tho.

Comment

^^ haha thanks brah

well, good news. I finally got up off my ass and stumbled upon the pics after sorting through about 200 burned cd's.

lol rehosted the images, so now they all should appear

Remember, this was my first retro, so some thing were a bit 'rough around the edges,' mainly due to a lack of a dremel. I also took pics of my second retro and showed what you could achieve with a custom e46 shroud and some better cutting with a dremel...I'll be posting those up soon as well
        Last edited by fliplyricist1; 04-02-2007, 03:42 AM.

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
          ^^ haha thanks brah

well, good news. I finally got up off my ass and stumbled upon the pics after sorting through about 200 burned cd's.

lol rehosted the images, so now they all should appear

Remember, this was my first retro, so some thing were a bit 'rough around the edges,' mainly due to a lack of a dremel. I also took pics of my second retro and showed what you could achieve with a custom e46 shroud and some better cutting with a dremel...I'll be posting those up soon as well
          w0ot!!

thanks
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Retrofits look so much nicer in the jdm 1 piece headlights. I personally like the exposed projector painted black like that. I really regretted changing mine.

Comment

Is there another place where I can view the process pictures...because for some reason it is taking for ever to load and no I don't have 56k..I know better
              thanks
              New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
              tsx retrofit
              f22b dohc boosted
              custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

here link
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

"Grab yourself a cardboard box and one of your TSX projectors, and, using a razor, create a template which accommodates the rear portion of the projector housing. You'll want to mount the projector with about 2.5 inches of the housing protruding through the cardboard, any more or less and you'll either have a hard time changing bulbs and/or losing foreground lighting because the projector will be mounted too far back into the housing. Ideally you'll want to have the rear of the d2s bulb flush with the outside lip of the headlight opening."

this is confusing. 2.5 inch on the card board going which way? beam facing away, 2.5 going forward or back?

Be Clean

Comment

This is an awesome well written DYI. And I've already got a set of TSX projectors waiting to be installed in my 5g depos.

Only problem I ran into is the bolts. I know they are number 8 sizes but I can't find them in the 2.5 variant.

Does it make a world of a difference if you only use the 2 inch long bolts?
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1 View Post
                      Now, depending on how many washers you used and the quality of your particular projector bowls/lenses, you'll end up getting some 'color' along the top of your cutoffs, which is what gives that cool 'blue/violet/turquoise' flicker as you pass by oncomers. I think I lucked out pretty good when I got my projectors, especially considering they were a mismatched pair from two different states, but here are the results of my cutoff testing:

in car from 20 feet (the garage is not perfectly level, but it's ok for now):

up close of the beam from 20 feet:

and finally some rolling shots:

Not the best of pictures, but I'll get some better ones soon...these things are incredible. Even blew away my wife and she is the type that cares less about any modding I do to my car. Without a doubt the best money I've spent on my car. Please feel free to ask any questions about my writeup or tell me if I need to add any clarification.

Coming soon: a DIY chargespeed tutorial
                      Did you have to connect a HID ballast to it to make it work? Can the HID ballast be any temp or does it have to be 4300k?

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

a ballast just supplies the juice, the bulb is what determines temp and color
                        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                          a ballast just supplies the juice, the bulb is what determines temp and color
                          Ohhh okay. I was confused. Cuz I saw pictures online that had HID ballasts with no bulbs, and if you buy your own TSX projectors they already come with the D2S bulbs so what I was asking was if he just hooked up the HID ballast onto the projector without a bulb change.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_H22_SLEEPER View Post
                            Ohhh okay. I was confused. Cuz I saw pictures online that had HID ballasts with no bulbs, and if you buy your own TSX projectors they already come with the D2S bulbs so what I was asking was if he just hooked up the HID ballast onto the projector without a bulb change.
                            are you talking about buying projectors off ebay? the 2 sets of projectors i got didnt come with bulbs. i sourced out my own and my own ballasts. btw go oem if you use tsx projectors much much better output (not necessary tsx oem just an oem bulb and ballast. im using oem audi bulbs and ballasts)
                            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Quick question, what were the #8 washers used for. Also, I read in the DIY, that depending on the number of washers you used, you will have some color in the cutoff...can someone explain to me the method of using these washers?

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Awww... i came here to see the write-up so i could start mine and the pics are unhosted...

Bummer... FIX THE PIX!
                                -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                                if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                                Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Working...
                                X