INT: Simple Cluster Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok now for the DASH!!!!
    you have to remove the driver side vent and the 2 vents the above the the hazard button and make SURE U DON"T DROP A SCREW DOWN THE VENT!! use a flat head screw driver to pop the vents off, pry from the left side, & u will see a screw remove the coin box tray, and theres a screw there, if u got the sunroof switch which is to the left of the steering wheel on the dash, if u don't got the switch its a flat panel, with a flat head pry on the bottom of it, should be a little hole to stick the flat head in theres a screw behind there, take the brightness controller panel off, theres a screw behind it too, where the gauages are at, up above inside are 2 screws which u can see and take out, take out the ashtry holder and theres a screw there, and the radio and theres another screw there and under the fan knob and temp knob, theres 2 screws inside, u have to take the radio out to see them, a screw behind the cig ligther i can now try to draw a pic

{1screw vent}...{gauges 2 screws}.. {1screw vent}{1screw vent}

{1 screw coin tray}..{1 screw sunroof panel}..{1screw brightness panel}

i ran out of room so this is part is under the 2 middle vents

{1 screw vent}.{1 screw vent}

{temp knob & fan speed knob 2 screws under but inside remove radio to see}
    {radio}

{ ashtray 1 screw}..{cig lighther 1 screw} there u all go its somewhat of a pic

Comment

here is a picture at sunset lol. I guess its hard to tell, but just think of that at night...and thats it

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

97Lude: Nice. I actually did the same thing you did but really hated the "yellowish" hue that reflected on the odometer/mileage section. Other than that it looked

Anyway, I've noticed some differences in other members clusters that I just don't get

*** What is the light/indicator on your fuel/temp meter towards the top, middle lighted red?

*** Another indicator I notice (not your cluster per say) is there is an "S" indicator on the same gauge (fuel/temp) towards the bottom right of the temp. side -> anyone know what this is about?

OK Back to the gauge cluster modding subject ...
        www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

the little red square is the gear selection, for those who like me, have an auto, the "S", is for "sport shift", a little button on the side of an auto shifter that lets it redline, instead of shift for economy...

wow, i finally contributed...yay me...lol
          -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
          newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
          newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
          newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

LOL! I totally forgot about "P" for PARK!!! The pic isn't too clear for me at that distance. I thought it was another button.

I used to have an auto before I did my 5sp. conversion but never had that weird "S" on my 92ex f22a6 so that's interesting. Mayb for 90/91 only???

Thanks for the reply.
            www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

quick question. when you remove the bulbs in the back of the cluster, do they have a green sleeve on them? (reason for why the gauge faces are green) or is there an actual green film on the gauge face.

If it is just a green sleeve, and your remove it, the light will be white.. Could you just use blue glass plaint to make the gauge faces blue?? Or will it be too dim.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanEpidemik View Post
                quick question. when you remove the bulbs in the back of the cluster, do they have a green sleeve on them? (reason for why the gauge faces are green) or is there an actual green film on the gauge face.

If it is just a green sleeve, and your remove it, the light will be white.. Could you just use blue glass plaint to make the gauge faces blue?? Or will it be too dim.
                well they have blue covers on them.

and the cluster it self has green in it because when you remove the covers you get more of a mint green than a dark green

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

ohhh, gotcha. So to get the cluster to look like this, i would have to replace the bulbs in the rear of the cluster with either blue bulbs or blue leds and also change the top bulbs ? Simply spraying them with blue glass paint wont be enough?

Comment

heres mine. i think if you sprayed them they would not be as bright and the white light would seep through and it would only look kinda blue. Thats just IMO though because i have never done it.

Comment

ok, so i can claify, to make it blue, i only need to change the two bulbs at the top and how many bulbs behind it??

to make things easier
                      ill need how many # 194 bulbs?
                      how many of the others?

its a lazy sunday for me, figured id give this a shot if i can fully understand what items ill need
                      ..[CB7][STAR]..
                      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                        ok, so i can claify, to make it blue, i only need to change the two bulbs at the top and how many bulbs behind it??

to make things easier
                        ill need how many # 194 bulbs?
                        how many of the others?

its a lazy sunday for me, figured id give this a shot if i can fully understand what items ill need
                        just the top two.i'll have picks of mine up tonight.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

ugh!!!! im not able to find teh cig lighter screw!!!

wheres it located??? its the only screw fucking me over!!
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Take out your ash tray, look behind it, there it is, ta-da! good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                              Take out your ash tray, look behind it, there it is, ta-da! good luck!
                              no, it was the one behind the cig lighter...but i got it now...gotta wait till night time now i guess to see the results!!!

----edit----

okay, so its night time, and ive checked it out....for some reason my tach. dosnt light up, and only half of my spedometer lights up....from 70kmph to 220 lights up only.....

any reason why????
                              Last edited by stewie; 07-28-2008, 02:34 AM.
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                                there are two small bulbs above the cluster, that light up the front of the faces and the needles. if u turn on ur lights and look up from under the cluster (while its in the car) youll see them. if you pull them out, the gauges will only have their backlights, so the numbers will all light up, but only from the back- so they will look like reverse glow gauges. i believe this is what 97lude was talking about.

there are also three size 194 (for the two big gauges) and two size 74 (for the temp and gas gauges) that are in the back of the cluster. if you pull THOSE out, the numbers on ur gauges wont light up at all.

all of the bulbs are accessible from the back/top of the cluster once it is pulled out of the dashboard. you dont need to disassemble the cluster to get to any of them.
                                so what did u do replace those top bulbs with blue ones if so what size bulbs was it.
                                oh and how do u get to pulling out the cluster
                                Last edited by Nas92; 08-22-2008, 07:38 PM.
                                ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
                                *and its alive!! hahaha*
                                *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Working...
                                X