No announcement yet.

INT : P12 Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been eyeing these for a while, I just cant wait to get one, especially now that there's this nice easy to follow DIY.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

does it matter if the p12 came from an MT or AT. b'cuz I have a friend parting his lude and it has a p12 with a MT and I have a AT.
      F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
      My Member's Thread
      Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Nope, doesn't matter. And everyone can find a p12 on eBay. I love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          Nope, doesn't matter. And everyone can find a p12 on eBay. I love mine!

Yeah It is definatly worth the time it take to install! I am suprised at all the kind words for my DIY! Thanks Y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by FUNTUCKYZCB7#1 View Post
            well what about the p13,whats the word on that ecu??anyone?
            the word is its for h22 not f22

p12 is from bb4 with f22 motah.

and yes a junkyard would be about the only option other than ebay.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
              the word is its for h22 not f22

p12 is from bb4 with f22 motah.

and yes a junkyard would be about the only option other than ebay.
              Actually the VIN code is Like BA8 or something like that, not bb4 though.
              wat?

Comment

if i'm not using the iab box which works with the ecu/pt6 then i don't see why i can't use the p12. correct me if i'm wrong
                Click here to see why my signature was deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  Actually the VIN code is Like BA8 or something like that, not bb4 though.
                  Yes, BA8 (it's what mine is).
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    I see you have a five speed. lol When I swapped my pt3 for the p12, I wondered what the automatic owners will do. The way it sits in there, it seems like the TCU will be in the way. (and yours is backwards, plugs go towards the console. I know it's just to demonstrate, but someone will say "I can't get mine in there the way you showed it. The harnesses are too short.")

I wrapped silicone tubing around my p12 a few times to keep it from vibrating or banging around under there. It also helps keep it from sliding back and forth and weakening the connections.

I know the p12 is supposed to be ten ponies, but, using my Beltronix accelerometer (it figures HP based on vehicle weight vs 1/4 mile time and trap speed) I showed a fifteen HP increase. I think the I/H helped it out a little. I went from a best of 17.4 @ 78.4 mph in the 1/4 to 16.7 @ 81.6 mph in a 3150 lb car with me and the ICE in it. 118 hp to 133 hp isn't bad for $58 shipped. I've got a full 60mm exhaust on it now, but no numbers to compare.

Just wondering, where did you find the ecu for $58? The cheapest one that I could find was closer to $120. Just curious. Thanks

Time is money...

Comment

I have a 92 Accord LX, F22A1 with an automatic transmission. Which P12 do I need to use. From what I read above, any P12 should work. Is this correct? I just want to make sure before I take the plunge and invest $ into an ECU. I'm pretty new to the Accords. I know on the Integras, the ECUs are different depending on the transmission that the car has. Do all CB7s with the same motors use the same ECU regardless of the transmission? And if so, is this because of the TCU? Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by insanity8797 View Post
                        I have a 92 Accord LX, F22A1 with an automatic transmission. Which P12 do I need to use. From what I read above, any P12 should work. Is this correct? I just want to make sure before I take the plunge and invest $ into an ECU. I'm pretty new to the Accords. I know on the Integras, the ECUs are different depending on the transmission that the car has. Do all CB7s with the same motors use the same ECU regardless of the transmission? And if so, is this because of the TCU? Thanks...
                        ECU controls engine, TCU controls trans.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 914DRCB7 View Post
                          Just wondering, where did you find the ecu for $58? The cheapest one that I could find was closer to $120. Just curious. Thanks
                          eBay, baby! lol. I even won it in an auction.

Comment

mine was cheap from ebay and wow i installed i&e w/headers same day as my p12 awsome man...

Comment

what year is the prelude p12 ecu from?
                              Taking it one day at a time since my cb got stolen and stripped of my mods..

Comment

Originally posted by FUNTUCKYZCB7#1 View Post
                                what year is the prelude p12 ecu from?

Please read entire thread. *hint* it may or may not be on the first 2 pages

Comment

Working...
                                X