No announcement yet.

INT: COMPLETE LED DASH - including all switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB74ev, is it possible you could send me one? I could get a hold of one this weekend I guess but it's going to cost me=you.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

can you fix those pictures in the begining of this thread!!
      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
        can you fix those pictures in the begining of this thread!!
        http://www.****.com/pics/diyleds.zip

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
          CB74ev, is it possible you could send me one? I could get a hold of one this weekend I guess but it's going to cost me=you.
          A Dx cc? I'm not for sure when im even going to do mine. Let me see how it goes first.
          SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Just let me know. What color do you want to go with? I have a lot of left over LEDs so maybe I could get a kit put together for you or just for others to buy. But the fact remains that I've never opened up a DX CC unit so it would be a learning experience for me.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i did the cluster aswell, while i was in there i also changed out the bulbs for the door indicators, it definatly is a task, i'll try to get pics of the door indicators for everyone to see, also on the back of that film, the red can be removed with a razor blade, just scrape it lightly until you can see the color light your holding it against

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Hey Mike

If I get led bulbs from Superbrightleds.com is it neccessary to use resistors?
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Hey Mike

If I get led bulbs from Superbrightleds.com is it neccessary to use resistors?
                  no sir, they have resistors built in, they are made to run at 12 volts right out of the envelope.

what are you using them for? superbrightleds doesnt sell direct replacement bulbs for things like the dash buttons, only the cluster...

Current cars:

Comment

Whoa, you're talking about just the cluster lights right? Because if you're talking about the 3mm and 5mm LEDs that you use everywhere else then you DO have to use resistors.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      no sir, they have resistors built in, they are made to run at 12 volts right out of the envelope.

what are you using them for? superbrightleds doesnt sell direct replacement bulbs for things like the dash buttons, only the cluster...
                      Climate control, defrost and hazard lights since they're burned out.

And what are the sizes of the cluster lights? 194s correct?

:Edit:

And it also says they sell the size 74 lights.

These:

T1.5 Instrument LED bulb
                      1-LED Instrument Cluster and Gauge illumination bulb. #74 LED bulb installed in twist-lock socket base Available with White,Blue,Green,Red and Amber Wide Angle LED
                      $ 1.79

And

74 Wedge Base LED bulb
                      Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)
                      3/16 inch wide base, 13/16 inch overall length
                      Flat tipped LED produces wide beam angle
                      $ 1.19

Do you know the actual size of the climate lights?
                      Last edited by HenRoc; 04-18-2006, 08:36 PM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

climate control and the rest of the rest of the dash switches (hazard, cruise, defrost, dimmer knob, etc) all use dealer-only mini peanut bulbs, which you cant buy direct replacement LEDs for. LED bulbs from superbrightleds will only work for locaitons that use a 194 or 74 bulb, like the gauge cluster.

Current cars:

Comment

thanks for the guide mike..

ill be doing this soon!!
                          .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Accrdkid, how do you know your bulbs are actually burned out? Did they all go out at the same time? Either way, as far as the sizes of the bulbs, this has been covered before plenty of times. There are three #194 bulbs in the cluster of which you would need the wide-angle LEDs in order for them to look right. There are also two #74 bulbs that go behind the fuel/temp gauges also requiring wide-angle bulbs. There are two other #74 bulbs that illuminate the cluster from above and I replaced those with wide-angle blues and the cluster didn't look right. I'm doing something different with that now but the backlit gauges look good enough as it is without the overhead lumination(does present somewhat of a needle visibility problem though). Also, all of the indicator lights on top of the cluster such as signal indicators, check engine, SRS and the like are all #74 bulbs as well. That's where the #194s and #74s stop(besides the key hole, cigarette lighter, and ashtray). Well I guess there are two in the climate control but this DIY removes them and does something different so I'm not counting those. Everywhere else like the cruise/sunroof switch, rear defroster switch, and climate control need to use 3mm or 5mm LEDs. 3mm LEDs just make it a little easier to fit them into small spaces. Now this should be the last time this question gets asked.
                            Last edited by Jarrett; 07-19-2007, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Now this should be the last time this question gets asked.
                              you would think, but ive been re-answering this same question repeatedly for just about 3 years now.

Current cars:

Comment

Accrdkid, how do you know your bulbs are actually burned out? Did they all go out at the same time? Either way, as far as the sizes of the bulbs, this has been covered before plenty of times. There are three #194 bulbs in the cluster of which you would need the wide-angle LEDs in order for them to look right. There are also two #74 bulbs that go behind the fuel/temp gauges also requiring wide-angle bulbs. There are two other #74 bulbs that illuminate the cluster from above and I replaced those with wide-angle blues and the cluster didn't look right. I'm doing something different with that now but the backlit gauges look good enough as it is without the overhead lumination(does present somewhat of a needle visibility problem though). Also, all of the indicator lights on top of the cluster such as signal indicators, check engine, SRS and the like are all #74 bulbs as well. That's where the #194s and #74s stop. Well I guess there are two in the climate control but this DIY removes them and does something different so I'm not counting those. Everywhere else like the cruise/sunroof switch, rear defroster switch, and climate control need to use 3mm or 5mm LEDs. 3mm LEDs just make it a little easier to fit them into small spaces. Now this should be the last time this question gets asked.
                                How do I know, um lets see they're basically burned, bulbs are black which would tell you something.

Sorry I've had Mike 'repeat' himself in about 3 years but Im dealing with a Civic, and these have been burned out for awhile.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                                X