No announcement yet.

INT: COMPLETE LED DASH - including all switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you cpmike for an awesome diy! I have completed my blue led dash and it looks stunning, couldn't have done it without your diy
    Only thing that i don't get to work is the indicator lights for the rear defroster switch and my heated seats switches, they only flashes blue for like a millisecond and they are not burned since they flash everytime I push the switch, so now I've put the stock bulbs back in them and they work like before.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz
      Thank you cpmike for an awesome diy! I have completed my blue led dash and it looks stunning, couldn't have done it without your diy
      Only thing that i don't get to work is the indicator lights for the rear defroster switch and my heated seats switches, they only flashes blue for like a millisecond and they are not burned since they flash everytime I push the switch, so now I've put the stock bulbs back in them and they work like before.
      awesome!! take and post pictures for me!! im very happy that this helped you

as far as the indicators, for some reason i was having a weird time with them too... i put the stock orange indicator back in the rear defrost button. i have no freaking clue why that happens, theres no reason why it should, but it does maybe theres not enough current? im not sure. try coloring the stock bulb with a blue sharpie marker instead of using an LED.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Here are some pics of my finished project

Sorry for the blurry pics it looks better in reality, the blue light is hard to catch on pictures..

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz
          Sorry for the blurry pics it looks better in reality, the blue light is hard to catch on pictures..
          tell me about it. ive spent plenty of time trying. dashboard looks awesome though, awesome job!

Current cars:

Comment

Maybe its my computer but I cant see any of the pics on the 1st page.

Comment

Originally posted by aznsyco84
              Maybe its my computer but I cant see any of the pics on the 1st page.
              fixed.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                tell me about it. ive spent plenty of time trying. dashboard looks awesome though, awesome job!
                Thank you

Comment

the blue plastic i'm trying to hunt down is becoming pretty hard. i can't seem to find the right stuff anywhere. where did you get your's?

Comment

Originally posted by mikes_accord_se
                    the blue plastic i'm trying to hunt down is becoming pretty hard. i can't seem to find the right stuff anywhere. where did you get your's?
                    office max. it was a blue 1/2" flexible 3-ring binder.

Current cars:

Comment

haha still got the ones i sent you a eon ago?
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hey guys, I'm doing this now while I'm between motors, and I think I might have a possible solution to not being able to see the needles when you go for that backlit-only look.
                        The needles and numbers are white, which should be the only color illuminated (in glowing purple) by a UV/Blacklight LED, which are sold by most places that carry LEDs.
                        I'll post a couple pics when I get this together.
                        Great DIY, thanks for the inspiration .
                        Last edited by lucid; 08-29-2006, 11:45 PM. Reason: Streamlining

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

this is one of the best DIY's on this site mike.

i'd love to do mine all white, but that green filter in the gauges kinda sucks. i guess no one has found a way around it, at least with white.

i take it the blue led's kinda overpower the green filter. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

im going to do this soon. my CC knobs both burned out, and i just put in a jdm integra type r amber clock so theres no time like the present to fix and match my dash... i cant wait for my gauge cluster to light up amber. i was going to buy a jdm cluster but decided f it once i found out it lights up blue since i tought it was amber.

nice DIY. ill post up my progress and pics once i get started, probably next week after i get my check. peace

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              office max. it was a blue 1/2" flexible 3-ring binder.
                              lololol... extremely ghetto lol . this had me laughin for more than a minute i couldnt get it out of my head. this idea works but it so funny. i would love to replace em but i think i'ma buy a custom guages on the dash but i would love to change the whole a/c and clock into blue when i get around that.
                              Last edited by defjamon22z; 10-08-2006, 07:46 PM.
                              DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                                lololol... extremely ghetto lol . this had me laughin for more than a minute i couldnt get it out of my head. this idea works but it so funny. i would love to replace em but i think i'ma buy a custom guages on the dash but i would love to change the whole a/c and clock into blue when i get around that.
                                this mod looks better then having those *** guages.. how the can you say that, plus it keeps the stock look on you closter

Comment

Working...
                                X