INT: Brake Pedal Switch Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Brake Pedal Switch Fix

So I drove to walmart en route to pick up my dad a birthday gift when i got out of my car i realized that my brake lights were on. I knew exactly what that meant because Ive run into this problem b4. Looked at my floormat and sure enough, that little blue crayon piece was there all broken.

Im sure many of you have had this annoying problem at least once ( and if you havent this curse of ours will find its way to you shortly )

So i dug through my ash tray which is my bonus parts holder because i dont smoke. Found a short engine bay bolt. put it in and that worked BUT when u drive your brakes will always be applied sooo thats no good. So i searched through and found this

its a little screw which we have many of. it can be found on the backside of any door pannel.

so here is a pict of where to place it

and one of the pedal at rest.

the shaft of the screw will not allow it to pop out of place while driving or actively using the pedal. if you feel that u want more stability then you can always take a piece of wood or rubber hose and put on the back of the screw.

this allows you to drive w/o the brakes engaged like the thick bolt, and it prevents u from running down your battery because your taillights are on constantly. this is quick simple and easy. this can be done in 1 minute if u already have the screw and you can even ask your sister to do it for u.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Good write up, I too have expierienced this curse... I just used a quarter.
    -Will

Comment

Been in that situation before. Great write up. A small thing to do but this one goes a long way.

Comment

lol a quarter is even more convienant (to FIND) LOL
        i was on the road and this bs happened so i had to improvise and i had no glue or tape sso the quater wasnt ideal.

its always nice to have an ash tray of "bonus parts"/bolts
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

This curse happened to me 5 months ago on a rainy day. The bolt / nut combo has worked great. Excellent write-up and superb photos. A+
          Last edited by Shehzada; 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM.
          1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Working...
          X