INT: Front Seats Removal

Difficulty:
    Easy

Time:
    5-15 minutes

Tools:
    Wrench/Socket wrench - 9/16" or I think 14mm
    Flat head screwdriver - small tip

Instructions: Refer to the pictures below for visuals.
    1) There are plastic clips hiding the bolts, so you'll need to carefully pry them off using a flathead screwdriver and your fingers.
    2) There are 4 bolts (2 front, 2 back) for each seat. I used a 9/16" wrench to remove the bolts.
    3) The front driver's side seat has a wire on the bottom of the seat that you need to unplug from the corresponding floor adapter before removing the seat from the car.

It's just about as self explanatory as it can get.

Front passenger side
    Attached Files
    Last edited by M3kamikaze; 08-04-2004, 05:49 PM.
    -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
    -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Driver's side
    Attached Files

Comment

tools, samples of those plastic clips, and the 8 bolts
      Attached Files

Comment

The wire you need to unplug from the bottom of the driver's front side seat
        Attached Files

Comment

Just a picture of the driver's side front seat showing the 2 front holes where the bolts came from
          Attached Files

Comment

nice DIY, i was just thinking about taking mine out so i could clean the carpet even better, thanks

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

Nice DIY, the bolt size is 14mm. And on automatic seatbelt equiped cars there is a mini-computer under the passenger's side, so becareful not to smash it when putting the seat back in.

Also, becareful not to lift the lever that moves the seat back and forth while its out of the car, its spring-loaded so it will mess up the alignment of the two seats, which isn't too bad but if you get impatient (like i did) when trying to realign it, the bolt holes wont match up correctly. (caused me to strip the bolt hole on the passenger's side cuz i THOUGHT they were lined up correctly, but were jsut being difficult)
              1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - The new project
              1991 Honda Accord - Point A to point B car
              2006 Kawasaki Z1000 - The toy

Comment

Originally posted by wb7h
                Also, becareful not to lift the lever that moves the seat back and forth while its out of the car, its spring-loaded so it will mess up the alignment of the two seats
                Very true. What I did was just to slide the seat all the way to the back when putting it back in. Adjusted the bolt holes, then stuck the 2 front bolts in and very very loosely tightened them. Then I slid the seat all the way forward, making sure to hold the slides down so when pulling the seat forward it doesn't move the slides as well. Then I stuck the remaining back 2 in and tightened everything back up.

Getting those short bolts to go back in in the correct alignment may take a little time, but it all goes back together fine.

Comment

No offense to the author. I just think we need to keep DIY's to difficult projects, and custom fabrication. Just my two cents though.

Nice car though.

Comment

WEll actually I plan on takin out my seats and installing new ones from a diffrent car and I didnt feel like looking how to tak e the seat out even tho it tuend out to be so easy. I like the DIY thanks. Is it thise easy for back seats?

Comment

Originally posted by Slateboy
                      I just think we need to keep DIY's to difficult projects, and custom fabrication.
                      Oh I'm sorry, I was just hoping to help maybe just 1 person out, and it seems I've accomplished that. I read the diy forum rules/faq and didn't see that. I can already tell that this board has some very nice members. Maybe the admin/mod should move this to the: CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Appearance > Interior forum.

Originally posted by Adam91AccordLX
                      Is it thise easy for back seats?
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1621

Comment

Different strokes for different folks...for some that may have been a difficult DIY especially if it is a newcomer who just bought their first cb7. I have found that there are things on my car that I thought would be easy and ended up a little more involved than originally thought. Plus I always wondered what was needed to be done but was never intrigued enough to go through the work to find out so I am glad that this was posted. Especially promising when it is coming from a newcomer. Well done.
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

When I take my seats outs, is there any special lube/grease I should put in the tracks?...right now it seems to sound a little rusty when I move them back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by heathershonda
                            When I take my seats outs, is there any special lube/grease I should put in the tracks?...right now it seems to sound a little rusty when I move them back and forth.
                            It won't hurt to try some WD-40 or similar. In fact, I sprayed some in there on mine, because the passenger side seat was stuck and wouldn't go forward and backward all the way.

Comment

Nice DIY. Thanks for taking the time to take some pictures and all.

I think DIYs should come in all shapes and sizes. Easy or difficult they are always useful.

Regards all.
                              92 Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                              X