SUSP: Replacing Front Wheel Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Replacing Front Wheel Studs

well i had to do this and i was broke and couldnt pay someone 35 dollars to do this so it came down to trial and error.

what u need
    -19 mm for lug nuts
    -17 mm for caliper bolts
    -washer to go over the wheel stud
    -impact gun (if u dont have one u can muscle it)
    -hammer

Take the tire off and then take the caliper off from the back. 2 bolts hold it on, one on the top and one on the bottom. turn the rotor to where the wheel stud is where the caliper was and hit the wheel stud with the hammer till it comes out the back. slide the new wheel stud through the back and slide the washer over it. put the lug nut on the stud and take an impact gun and tighten the lug nut to seat the stud. if u dont have an impact i guess u could u a ratchet and just tighten that way. then all u have to do i put the caliper on and put the tire back on and presto its done.

i havent tried to replace a stud in the back so i dont know how to do those but i had to replace all the wheel studs on my passenger side. it takes about 5 min to do if u have an impact.

good luck.

Originally posted by Dr.x
    You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

heres another w/ pics:

http://spyfunkr.com/accord/studrepl.htm

Comment

lmao i did this a couple of days ago....
      lol
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

any idea where to get longer wheel studs?

- Zipcreature
        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
          any idea where to get longer wheel studs?

- Zipcreature
          pretty much any performance web site for starters. just search ARP extended studs and you should find many links.

Comment

Yo I just replaced a stud in the front- VERY easy. Basically you take all the brake crap off, bang it out with a hammer, put the new one in the hole and secure it by clamping it with a nut. No joke, start to finish, a 30 minute job, and I saved $100...can't beat that!

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

this thread just saved my life!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

well thats nice to hear that i could assist someone. This is the exact reason i made this even if i helped just one person.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

wow, seriously. If I had of known you could do it this way, i would of replaced mine long ago!

thanks

Comment

You dont have to pull the caliper off for the rear (disc brakes). I did all 8 on the rear, cannot remember where I pulled\inserted but I believe i did it from the bottom. You have to snake the new studs in between the rotor and dust shield with your finger and guide them into the holes but its not difficult at all and saves the time you spend pulling calipers and possibly brackets as well.
                    Last edited by Noridetoolow; 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM.

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

ill post pics when i do mine cuz imma be doing mine soon so i can get my s2k wheels on better!
                      My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Working...
                      X