No announcement yet.

So I got my car dyno'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow she sounds mean ma....yeah get her tuned and bring out that beast..
    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
    ....................My New Baby
    SOLD TO
    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

1. Basic tune up out of all things.

2. You said she had a smaller throttle body than an f22b? She might have gotten the Accord SiR motor. Those are rated at 190hp because of a smaller intake manifold design and the exhaust is kinda restrictive but everything else is the same. I have this motor on my car.

3. If you ran about even and the driver skill is about the same...Then you might be in the same range. An untuned ecu can do a lot of magical things to your motor making your hp reading low.

4. What kind of dyno was it on. Thats an important factor since mustang dynoes read the lowest.

5. 160-170 whp for a basic bolt on h22a with not so great bolt ons.

edit: I just saw dynojet that is really low.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok Nic answered most of the questions I do run premium. I do in ALL of my cars. (sucks for the money but I do.)

and Nic I do think its a 2.25 or a 2.5 not sure.

I wasnt that embarassed, because everyone loved my vc and like the way it sounds

But yes she does sound mean, and people kinda just look at me when I take off and want to race with someone

Nicole
        MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

hey nick is there a dyno shop down there? if so maybe we can set-up a deal with the owner to dyno our cars on the day of the meet ... i know its a sunday but see if he is a business man ... if so maybe he will open long enough for just our guys to dyno ... we will prolly need a select amount of people though ... i know you, me, and both of jacobs cars would dyno ... and get those damn pics up lol ... also i felt like i was pulling on you hard last night but i couldnt tell with the way we were weaving through traffic since i was having to partial throttle alot to back off ... i should let you try my ECU to see if it has any noticable difference with your car

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
            hey nick is there a dyno shop down there? if so maybe we can set-up a deal with the owner to dyno our cars on the day of the meet ... i know its a sunday but see if he is a business man ... if so maybe he will open long enough for just our guys to dyno ... we will prolly need a select amount of people though ... i know you, me, and both of jacobs cars would dyno ... and get those damn pics up lol ... also i felt like i was pulling on you hard last night but i couldnt tell with the way we were weaving through traffic since i was having to partial throttle alot to back off ... i should let you try my ECU to see if it has any noticable difference with your car
            Sounds like a plan, i was in and out of it all the way through the traffic... i dont like hauling ass around that one curve. had a bad experience with it.

Comment

Yea somethings up, you can see it in the way the torque curve goes bonkers, also it looks like ur running crazy lean before VTEC and maybe having timing issues in VTEC? You should be putting down at least 160WHP if the motor is healthy.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Nicole......

To be fair, and don't hate me for this, but if you get it tuned and they put the afr where it should be, you're going to go down in power. Lean is mean as the saying goes, meaning you make more power the leaner you go up until the point of detonation. What you will see tho is a better curve for both hp and tq, and you'll have a safer running motor.

As I said Saturday, don't get too wrapped up in dyno numbers. They're just that, numbers. As long as your afr's look good and it's running right on the street, that's all that counts. Dyno numbers are a decieving thing. You can have a 20 hp difference day to day for the same car on the same dyno. It's all dependant on weather condtions. It was fairly humid Saturday, so take that into account as well.

And just FYI, but I'm thinking their dyno is a little on the low side. My truck only made 366/477 on my first pull, and that's down from 380/499 the last time I had it done in similar conditions. I took a Roush Stg 3 Mustang up there Sunday and it was down about 15hp/20 tq, and my boy's 01 L that we brought up on Sunday was down about the same.

Like I said, don't get too wrapped up in numbers. Just get that AFR where it should be and you'll be just fine.

- Rob -
                92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                85 Toyota 4Runner
                1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                2008 HD 1200N
                2009 HD 883N

Comment

thanks Rob.

There was a guy there earlier, he had an h motor also, same set up as me, except chipped ecu.

He ran a 184 so that is why I was like WTF. but all well.

This week I need to get spark plugs and wires.

Nicole
                  MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Cool.

Sucks that it ran at such low numbers. I too was expecting at least 180...

Sounds liek everyone's got ya covered as what to take care of to get those numbers back up. Gl with it and hopefully theyll climb back up. And i kinda agree with Rob, theyre just numbers, but as long as you're runnin em down on the street, who cares.

And go figure...KC has the shittiest dyno's

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                      Nicole......

To be fair, and don't hate me for this, but if you get it tuned and they put the afr where it should be, you're going to go down in power. Lean is mean as the saying goes, meaning you make more power the leaner you go up until the point of detonation. What you will see tho is a better curve for both hp and tq, and you'll have a safer running motor.

As I said Saturday, don't get too wrapped up in dyno numbers. They're just that, numbers. As long as your afr's look good and it's running right on the street, that's all that counts. Dyno numbers are a decieving thing. You can have a 20 hp difference day to day for the same car on the same dyno. It's all dependant on weather condtions. It was fairly humid Saturday, so take that into account as well.

And just FYI, but I'm thinking their dyno is a little on the low side. My truck only made 366/477 on my first pull, and that's down from 380/499 the last time I had it done in similar conditions. I took a Roush Stg 3 Mustang up there Sunday and it was down about 15hp/20 tq, and my boy's 01 L that we brought up on Sunday was down about the same.

Like I said, don't get too wrapped up in numbers. Just get that AFR where it should be and you'll be just fine.
                      uh...she won't lose power once tuned. Lean is for gas mileage, not power.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Big wheels like that will also keep a few horses from the ground. Rotating mass and whatnot. Nothing major, but little things add up.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

at least it had a pretty cover to look at.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                            ok Nic answered most of the questions I do run premium. I do in ALL of my cars. (sucks for the money but I do.)
                            If the other cars do not have high compression motors you are throwing money down the drain. A stock F22A uses 87.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

wow... how did i miss this thread... ok .. yeah those numbers look really low. get a tune up and see how it goes. According to my AFR gauge in the wagon i am running lean too. I have the same setup as the rest of you guys. Stock motor with bolt ons. h/I/E . Stock H22 ecu.

hope you get some better numbers next run !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                uh...she won't lose power once tuned. Lean is for gas mileage, not power.
                                Dyno a car that's runinng rich.

Then dyno one that's running stoic....

Then dyno one that's really lean......

Then come back and talk to me some more.

She may not lose, but she shouldn't gain. Not unless her timing curve is way out on it along with the AFR being jacked up.....

- Rob -
                                92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                                85 Toyota 4Runner
                                1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                                2008 HD 1200N
                                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                                X