No announcement yet.

my h22a swap journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get about 20mpg all city with my F...I have a heavy ass EX with about 100# in stereo equipment. Good to see it's all running well though!!! You still rockin the roof rack?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

weird i get mixed comments on the mpg of accords. i've seen accords go 400miles before refueling (highway mostly). before my swap i would go about 350miles (24-25mpg) before the light went on. now it goes at about 330miles (22-23mpg). i should be getting at least the same as the f22a1 b/c the motor is newer. some have claimed BETTER mileage after a swap. i dunno . i still have an exhaust leak so it could still be why it sucks.

and yes i still got the rack. i can't remove the one thing that really distinquished my car from the rest. it has function too. plus the chicks dig it .
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Yea man, I love the look of a roof rack on a dropped Honda...on the boxy EFs and CBs especially. I'd get one, but I don't bike or ski and it's a detriment to handling It looks fukkin sexy though...

And as far as mileage, for the past year or so I've been getting a solid 270-300 miles from first click till the light comes on (18-20mpg)...but since my tuneup I've noticed it's a little better. The H is basically like an F out of engagement though so aside from the shorter gears it shouldn't be too bad. Keep us posted man!

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

damn my favorite accord just got better congrats man welcome to the 2cam world
          www.2camcrew.com

Comment

shit nice work man.

its threads like this that make me want to do a swap soo f'in badly.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i hope this thread helps out those who are in the middle of their swap or those who are considering one. if i help out just one person on their motor then my goal for this journal is met. again this is one of the simplest swaps you can do to any honda and obtain great results in the end. having the sense of accomplishment is also an awsome outcome.
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

bravo tim i had a recent death of my f22 so my h is due to go in in a few weeks as i will be doing a five speed swap as well however im terrified and this has helped me tons

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

JSpecCb4, i'm sorry to hear about the f22 but you should look forward to the h22. i hope i can assist you with your swap. as far as the auto to manual conversion, cp[mike] is the man for that . good luck!

udpate!

i installed my front motor mount insert from energy suspensions and the car is not vibrating at idle anymore. that torque mount was already torn and needed to be fixed already.

also i replaced the power steering bracket. turns out that it was BENT a few mm enough to where i had to shim the pump to clear the belts (see previous posts). even the bolts that held the bracket were bent. crazy hmotorsonline haha! so after replacing it i have enough clearance on the belts. it's all good now!

last thing to do is fix this darn exhaust leak!
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

exhaust leak is now fixed and the motor is running well. there is a small idle surge especially when my foot is on the brake pedal. i still have to investigate. i strongly urge everyone to always thank the main contributors to this site. it really is important to recognize the efforts of others. thank you cb7tuner and it's members. you know who you are!

i love this board !
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                      i hope this thread helps out those who are in the middle of their swap or those who are considering one. if i help out just one person on their motor then my goal for this journal is met. again this is one of the simplest swaps you can do to any honda and obtain great results in the end. having the sense of accomplishment is also an awsome outcome.
                      I just got an H22a4 and you journal makes me want to take on the project myself. I can't even begin to describe how helpful this is. Thank again and I too love this board.....

I like my women like I love my cars, built for comfort and speed........

Comment

bump. i know some people that need this info now.
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

oooh i can't wait to get mine.......it will be coming soon

Comment

How was the feeling when U first got on VTEC ? Very usefull thread. Make me wanna get a H.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

its nice lookin at a good amount of people looking for a h22 swap. I know it did me well. Hell with the h22type s makes it all worthwhile

Comment

Dangg, I wish i had money to buy me a H22 or F20B. Good write up. Cant wait till i get my chance to do a swap. I helped my friend with his GSR swap in his teg. That just makes me want to do a swap of my own.

My New Ride
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Working...
                                X