No announcement yet.

My Swap Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4CYLPOWER92 you can use the complete usdm 92-96 prelude h22/h23 power steering line and not have to modify it. it will be a direct replacement on the cb model. oh yeah and that is a clean install. you must be very anal, like me!
    i scrubed my h22 with a tooth brush and purple power. and will probably do it again before i put it in the car.
    Last edited by turbowagon94; 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Really? Well if that is the case I will go that route soon. Thanx man

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by turbowagon94
        4CYLPOWER92 you can use the complete usdm 92-96 prelude h22/h23 power steering line and not have to modify it. it will be a direct replacement on the cb model. oh yeah and that is a clean install. you must be very anal, like me!
        i scrubed my h22 with a tooth brush and purple power. and will probably do it again before i put it in the car.

That's interesting. Do you have the part # that you used?

Every H series line I have seen used, was the same up to the first rubber mount on the crossmember. Then the Prelude line headed for the passenger side, while the CB7 line turned towards the rear and the steering box.

After continuing out a a few inches, then the Prelude line made the turn towards the rear. It would have fit, but there was no way the steering box shield was going back on...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on the swap! It is always very rewarding to make it run at the end!
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yep the swap info barely talks about this. if you have a DX/LX the throttle cable is short so you will either have to bend the bracket (which is what i did) or redrill the holes as you did. nice swap!

don't worry about that front mount bolt. it won't come loose. my heatshield is actually touching and it doesn't get too hot to melt my mount insert.

good job overall. hopefully we get to meet again! i forgot your name sorry
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i was talking to kane about this yesterday, i have a 91 lx and i did not have to modify the throttle cable bracket, it was a straight bolt in
            Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
              yep the swap info barely talks about this. if you have a DX/LX the throttle cable is short so you will either have to bend the bracket (which is what i did) or redrill the holes as you did.
              Thanks for pointing that out

Anyone else have any input on the Prelude PS line? I know that you talked about it in your swap journal Timmy. Do you think it would have worked if you didn't have the sway bar in the way?

My swap thread

Comment

Swap came out nice. Just got done with a swap myself, not on my cb though.
                MYCB7.com

Comment

Hey nice swap hope to get started on my next month.

Comment

man i love reading these. can't wait to make my own... soon i hope =)
                    My Ride...

Comment

So any more info on the PS line.

Comment

Well what I found out (from experience) is the lude PS line is about a foot longer than the Accord one at the bottom. So to make it work you would have to do some bending....it's definately not a direct replacement.

The best thing to do is have the 2 lines combined, either weld the top of the lude line to the accord line, or have the bottom of the accord line fitted to the lude line.
                        When I had the top welded, the heat from the weld melted the rubber fitting and it broke off and fell on the ground. So if you go this route, use mig or tig not brazing, and don't make the weld to close to the rubber. You'll need a metal sleeve or something, so it is not butt welded. Find a shop that specializes in hoses.

Whatever you do, do it when the motor is out. If you are stuck removing or installing a new line while the motor is in, do it from the bottom (under the car).
                        Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM.

My swap thread

Comment

hmotorsonline-shipping

So, how long did it take hmotorsonline to ship your engine and how much was the shipping? I'm about to order the same package and I just want an idea of how much it'll cost me. I'm also going to do an auto to 5speed conversion so I'm researching all of that stuff too, man there's gonna be a lot of work to do.

That swap looks good btw It looks pretty stock. I'm gonna try to keep mine mostly stock too. I can't wait to get the swap ordered. Also, does the Jdm H22 have about the same mileage as an f22?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan View Post
                            So, how long did it take hmotorsonline to ship your engine and how much was the shipping? I'm about to order the same package and I just want an idea of how much it'll cost me. I'm also going to do an auto to 5speed conversion so I'm researching all of that stuff too, man there's gonna be a lot of work to do.

That swap looks good btw It looks pretty stock. I'm gonna try to keep mine mostly stock too. I can't wait to get the swap ordered. Also, does the Jdm H22 have about the same mileage as an f22?
                            Thanks man,
                            Well I only live like 50 minutes or so from hmotors, so I drove over there to pick the engine up. No idea about the shipping. I believe deevergoat had his shipped as well as many others.
                            The JDM H22 is supposed to have around 30-60,000 miles on them. I have no idea how many mine had on it but I could tell by looking at the seals and timming belt that it definately had less than 100K

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                            X