No announcement yet.

led_fut : 1990 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got rear-ended in London. Coming over an overpass, traffic light ahead had just turned green, so the traffic in my lane(left) had to stop for cars waiting at the light. The other lane was clear, so traffic was moving through. Median on my left, moving traffic on my right. Watching my rear view mirror, lady comes up behind me in an intrepid not paying attention... hammers on the brakes, skids, and plows into me directly from the back at approx. 30-40km/h. Pissed because I had no where to go.

Pushed me into an Olds Aurora in front of me, but he didn't stick around. So pissed.

At first glance, it doesn't look really bad:

But you can see the crease where the rear pillar meets the quarter panel:

and the rear doors don't open anymore:

the rear of the car was compacted and brought up a bit, as you can see by the door gap between the front and rear door on the driver's side (gap at the bottom, overlap at the top):

It sucks, and I know for sure that it will be a write off. So many hours into this thing! And just like that, its done.

Still driving it though, amazing, the alignment isn't even off a bit. I think the trailer hitch did alot to hold the car together and transfer the force through the whole car, instead of isolating it all in the rear.
    I dont dare open the sunroof though. The roof is so tight I can't even push the metal down at all with my hand.

Will be looking for another one though. Preferably a dark coloured 90-91 sedan. Ontario (maybe even Michigan) members, let me know if you find a rust free shell!
    RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

its not that bad to be honest. Pull the frame, new quarter panel and trunk. The car is to clean!

Comment

that sucks to see man. your CB was coming along nice.

i think you would be better off finding a rust free CB now that you have this opportunity.

people seriously have to pay attention. i am paranoid as hell when driving & coming up to a stop.

94 Accord Wagon EX-R/H22A 5 speed
        91 Accord Wagon EX-R/ F22A6 5 speed
        93 Accord Wagon EX/ F22A4
        91 Accord Sedan EX/ F22A4 5 speed
        94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1 5 speed
        94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1

Comment

It was just a bad situation... I'm always watching out for idiot drivers.. watched her the whole way, but I had no where to go. Gah.

Oh well, onto the next one. Rough estimate for 4-5K in repair costs (quick glance) equals write-off.

But I picked up another (90 ex-r in silver) so I will be swapping parts and getting pics up soon.
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut View Post
            But I picked up another (90 ex-r in silver) so I will be swapping parts and getting pics up soon.
            Cant wait to see pics

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Wow! that grey interior makes it much much better! i love my grey interior

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

First pic of the newest member of my CB7 family (#4 lol)

Not a great one, but you get the idea....

RIP

Comment

so youre a champagne person eh? i cant wait to see the progress..

Comment

Too clean...also one of my favorite colors and I love how the wheels go with the color. Is it auto or 5speed?
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

great job on the car............keep up the great work
                      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                        so youre a champagne person eh? i cant wait to see the progress..
                        yeah, the colour is kind of growing on me. Especially the maroon interior. Its not so bad.

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                        Too clean...also one of my favorite colors and I love how the wheels go with the color. Is it auto or 5speed?
                        5 speed for sure. The gunmetal does go well eh? I think the dark colours (wheels, bra, grill, tint, rack) really set off that colour. Still miss the cobalt blue though.
                        RIP

Comment

Working...
                        X