LowNKnoxville : 1993 accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowNknoxville View Post
    yeah ive actually got the holes welded up and everything is painted now. looks clean. except you can see were the accord badge was! PEACE
    Cool, I thought about doing the same thing but using Bondo! And have you tried using Goo-Gone?
    It should work fine!
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

if you use bondo be careful and maybe put a layer of fiberglass behind it. Bondo will get really thin after sanding on a hole and probably push right through. As for the spot were the accord badge was. The guys who painted the car didnt prep the surface right there. i guess they figured they would be putting the badge back on so it didnt matter what the paint looked like right there. PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Cool, I would've shaved the "H" spot too much in my opinion it looks too simple w/o the OEM wing and the "H"! And it sucks about the paintshop! You should go back and make them fix it!
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Oh, i did it myself. welded it up and sanded all that shit and then got some paint from autozone. it was the same paint code and everything. IDK why its a darker color. I used black primer so that might be why but i put 5 coats of base on there. i figure it would have covered the primer. Ill redo it one day. PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Oh, i did it myself. welded it up and sanded all that shit and then got some paint from autozone. it was the same paint code and everything. IDK why its a darker color. I used black primer so that might be why but i put 5 coats of base on there. i figure it would have covered the primer. Ill redo it one day. PEACE
            Nice, I was working on debadging my 92-93 trunk this past evening but I didn't get to finish it!
            Looks much better though!
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

well just take your time. wait for the paint to dry. wet sand it to the highest grit paper you can find. i think i went all the way to 2000 grit. a nice buffer helps too. Good luck with it. Are you going with white or what color is your trunk? PEACe

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

well just take your time. wait for the paint to dry. wet sand it to the highest grit paper you can find. i think i went all the way to 2000 grit. a nice buffer helps too. Good luck with it. Are you going with white or what color is your trunk? PEACe
                Thanks! And yup, OEM white! But it's off a 10th ann ed cb7 and it had the big accord badge so I have to sand that down...and also the EX badge!
                1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                  Thanks! And yup, OEM white! But it's off a 10th ann ed cb7 and it had the big accord badge so I have to sand that down...and also the EX badge!
                  shouldnt be that bad being white. But like i said take your time. PEACe

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice ride man... IMO it looks better with the stock wheels.. with the rims ur car looked like a monster truck lol i really like the red color..
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

I'm back.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I'm back.

good to have you back Cam....
                        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Welcome back, Any updates? I like your car the Red/Clears looks great on it!

8 Accords so far:
                          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

the only thing new is a faded spoiler and a big crack in my front bumper. I got hit by somebody in mcdonalds parking lot and they didnt have a license or insurance. The cops said the wouldnt come down to do a police report cause it was private property.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Thinking about selling the accord soon. i need a truck. whats the going price for accords that are in pretty good shape now-a-days?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Im never gonna sell my car. Its official. Its time to start the rebuilding process. Im on the hunt for a donor car with 5 speed. Commence the resurrection.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X