nicko : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicko View Post
    awesome mrt you got there ant. theres a shop a fair way out of town here in melbourne that specializes in sales of LED's espec for auto purposes. worth the effort to travel the distance when youre the type that cant be bothered with ebay. look, next time i pass ill try and pick some up for you if they have em.
    Thanks man, just about to update it again cause I actually found a substitute for those courtesy lights. >.< I just got some T-10 globes, stuck them on some wires and popped them in.

Thanks anyway man, I reckon, that we should set up a meet. I'm sure that you know some other Aussies cause you made that group, so I'm sure we could get a few people. What do you think? :o Shoot me a PM? :o

Comment

CLEAN!

Love what you done with the black on the bumper to match the legend lip looks very good.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

What's up nicko!

That shift boot is just a manual transmission shift boot that I slipped through the slit in the Automatic gear selector any shift boot will work, you just need to pinch the material between the plastic part and all that stuff under it to keep it from coming out/off

And yes I was able to get the center console armrest in! took some ingenuity and patience, but I was able to cut a hole for me to stick a nut under and bolt the e-brake lever to its new positition done!

About the projectors, I love them they are excellent when paired with HIDs, and are really plug-and-play. You don't have to deal with any retrofitting of projectors, as out of the box they have a nice clean cut-off and the build quality is pretty much OEM style. Glass lens, very robust and sturdy, IMO the 2-piece projector headlights are a great product. aim it properly and you'll be able to see well in the dark. How much would it cost to get some?

the only thing you have to do before you install them is run some silicone along the seam of the glass and the housing, to insure that there is no water leakage. some members didn't do that and within months there was moisture, so take that extra precaution and you'll be very satisfied with them. They are easy to use and perform very well out of the box
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
          Thanks man, just about to update it again cause I actually found a substitute for those courtesy lights. >.< I just got some T-10 globes, stuck them on some wires and popped them in.

Thanks anyway man, I reckon, that we should set up a meet. I'm sure that you know some other Aussies cause you made that group, so I'm sure we could get a few people. What do you think? :o Shoot me a PM? :o
          cant wait to check out those courtesy lights. your the closest cb7tuner mate to me.. only 800kms away lol youve been pm'd

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
          CLEAN!

Love what you done with the black on the bumper to match the legend lip looks very good.
          thanks marcus. wish our cricket outcome would look as good.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
          What's up nicko!

That shift boot is just a manual transmission shift boot that I slipped through the slit in the Automatic gear selector any shift boot will work, you just need to pinch the material between the plastic part and all that stuff under it to keep it from coming out/off

And yes I was able to get the center console armrest in! took some ingenuity and patience, but I was able to cut a hole for me to stick a nut under and bolt the e-brake lever to its new positition done!

About the projectors, I love them they are excellent when paired with HIDs, and are really plug-and-play. You don't have to deal with any retrofitting of projectors, as out of the box they have a nice clean cut-off and the build quality is pretty much OEM style. Glass lens, very robust and sturdy, IMO the 2-piece projector headlights are a great product. aim it properly and you'll be able to see well in the dark. How much would it cost to get some?

the only thing you have to do before you install them is run some silicone along the seam of the glass and the housing, to insure that there is no water leakage. some members didn't do that and within months there was moisture, so take that extra precaution and you'll be very satisfied with them. They are easy to use and perform very well out of the box
          do you have any pics of the new armrest? thanks for the projecter advice, sounds like a pricey buy, but well worth it. ive already seen someone on here with the exact same headlight fitting thats been diy blackhoused. just awesome.

Comment

Nicko, it's always a pleasure looking at your car. Very well done my friend.

I still cannot believe you guys dont have coupes over there. Especially in the Accords like mine. Shame really, cuz you guys are missing out. Plus, if there were coupes like mine over there they'd probably have power folding mirrors and/or heated mirrors and I need me some of them, lol.

Hope I was able to answer your question(s) regarding that center armrest. Anytime you need anything, hit me up.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

yup!

here's the DIY:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162722

Here it is with a Daewoo Nubira (?) e-brake boot that I fitted in between the plastic and the metal rectangular frame

yup yup. I love those headlights. Word of warning though, if you're expecting S2K or TSX quality output, it's nothing like that. but they do have a nice cut-off, and going from halogen to these you'll be good.

Comment

Points for originality and all but i just cant do the boot BETWEEN the shifter plate like that. Reminds me too much of the newer trailblazers....

I like either removing the auto-shift plate and using a boot or just put the boot over the plate.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

hehe, yeah, i could put the boot over it all, but then it blocks my awesomely polished shifter plate :3

Comment

thanks marcus. wish our cricket outcome would look as good.
                    hahaha, its taken us long enough tho, better luck next time hehe

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

hehe, yeah, i could put the boot over it all, but then it blocks my awesomely polished shifter plate :3
                      Then screw the boot and display that auto proudly!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        Then screw the boot and display that auto proudly!
                        its too naked like that! haha

Comment

Dayyyyym bro, cannot wait to see your puddle lights soon for our meet. >.< also, love the blackhouse headlights.

Comment

ey nicko, check out my MRT I have a few pictures of the light output from my projectors... they're not the best pictures, but it'll give you an idea. you can see the cut-off in the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                              Nicko, it's always a pleasure looking at your car. Very well done my friend.

I still cannot believe you guys dont have coupes over there. Especially in the Accords like mine. Shame really, cuz you guys are missing out. Plus, if there were coupes like mine over there they'd probably have power folding mirrors and/or heated mirrors and I need me some of them, lol.

Hope I was able to answer your question(s) regarding that center armrest. Anytime you need anything, hit me up.
                              Thanks Mike. It is a real shame. I was fortunate enough tho to get my hands on power folding mirrors... install coming soon.

Originally posted by YOanthony View Post
                              Dayyyyym bro, cannot wait to see your puddle lights soon for our meet. >.< also, love the blackhouse headlights.
                              aw ant, ill need to hook them up again since ive never used the lights more than that one time for the photoshoot.

ey nicko, check out my MRT I have a few pictures of the light output from my projectors... they're not the best pictures, but it'll give you an idea. you can see the cut-off in the pics.
                              done mate. thanks for posting them up on your MRT> looks sick! Next thing on the agenda though is a major service since my cb just clocked over 200,000ks on the odo. huge kays but FOREVER YOUNG.

Comment

aw ant, ill need to hook them up again since ive never used the lights more than that one time for the photoshoot.
                                asif. >.< hahaha, definitely hook them back up for our photoshoot man! >.<

Comment

Working...
                                X