Brandoncb7 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    that's cool man. most people will ask me how to polish and then when i tell them how to do it, they will try it and give up. lol. what's next to polish after the intake? valve cover? it's much easier than the intake, lol. you picked probably the hardest piece to do first. valve cover is much easier because you can do most of it with an orbital sander followed by dremel in the small areas.

i saw the before and after pic of the carpet. good job man! later.
    Yeah I won't give up that easily lol. A valve cover will probably be next. I'm not too sure right now. I'll have to go out and look what I can find in the junk yard. After messinf with the intake I think I could do a valve cover in a day lol. This is definitely a time consuming piece.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    lookin good dood. gettin ready to rock my h22 IM out with double spacers and IAB delete. good motivation, even tho I like the dark look, not really to big on all the polishing, but I def appreciate great work when it is being done.

Glad the body kit is removed!
    +10 for doing your own work and not rushing!
    Thanks Steve. I'd much rather learn how to do it myself than pay someone else to do it. Materials are much cheaper to pay for than labor and this was something I was interested in anyways.

Originally posted by wherm View Post
    nothin new on the dash On a side note, do you need a shift boot? I'm pretty sure I have one.
    Actually I do lol. Somehow or another the one that was on my shifter had holes in it. Once I took it off the car I noticed it was worse than I thought so I just left it off.

Comment

2.5 hours of sanding today. I'm pretty much done with what I can do right now and need to step up to a finer grit paper. I should be going to the hardware store here shortly lol. Then I get to do it all over again. The light was pretty shitty outside today too so the pics could be better but I was pressed for time.

Last edited by Brandoncb7; 11-11-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

4 more hours of sanding

Comment

looking good man. i bet you have every crevice of that part memorized. it's all down hill from here, until you get to the metal polish, but that's different. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

looking good man. i bet you have every crevice of that part memorized. it's all down hill from here, until you get to the metal polish, but that's different. later.
            LMAO. Thanks man. TypeG approved! Yeah after tomorrow i'll have about 45 hours or so into it. It's funny that you say that though. Now that I think about it I do have a certain way I turn the dremel or mess with certain tight spots lol. It's moving alot quicker though. What I did at first in ten hours I can do in less than half that now with it not being as rough. I can't wait to start polishing. I found another piece on it today that that's not needed so I cut it off and had to sand it that part back down. Anything that serves no purpose on it has been cut off or shaved down.
            Last edited by Brandoncb7; 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

cool man. a lot of times people don't make that connection. there's lots of tabs as you know that can be shaved. most of those tabs are from where they cast it and had to make holes for air to escape from the mold. lmk when you start of the valvecover. i'll show you pics of everything on it that can be shaved. later.

Comment

Alright man I appreciate all the help. I should be making a trip to the junk yard within the next few weeks and plan on getting a valve cover and whatever other parts I can find for the engine bay to polish. I can't remember who was doing the build but someone on here had polished their tranny and I was all for it and said if I ever had the chance I wanted to do that to mine. I don't think i'm going to go that far anymore lol. I'll clean it up and paint it but polishing isn't happening on that part. I think the intake mani, exhaust mani, and the valve cover will be the biggest pieces i'll do on my own car. I'd like to do a valve cover like the polished and black one you sold not too long ago. I wanted that one lol.

Comment

damn thats coming out hella fresh!
                  Blake.
                  1994 Accord Part out!
                  Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    Alright man I appreciate all the help. I should be making a trip to the junk yard within the next few weeks and plan on getting a valve cover and whatever other parts I can find for the engine bay to polish. I can't remember who was doing the build but someone on here had polished their tranny and I was all for it and said if I ever had the chance I wanted to do that to mine. I don't think i'm going to go that far anymore lol. I'll clean it up and paint it but polishing isn't happening on that part. I think the intake mani, exhaust mani, and the valve cover will be the biggest pieces i'll do on my own car. I'd like to do a valve cover like the polished and black one you sold not too long ago. I wanted that one lol.
                    the trans is easy, lol. it only took me about 5 hours. i only did parts you can see though. later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                      damn thats coming out hella fresh!
                      Thanks . TypeG is probably secretly working on his though and will bust out with it later all of a sudden and put mine to shame lol. He knows what he's doing and i'm still second guessing my work sometimes though lol. Thanks for the kind words and for looking.

Comment

the trans is easy, lol. it only took me about 5 hours. i only did parts you can see though. later.
                        CHEATER......I guess it's more surface area but not as many tight spots. I'd kind of rather have that lol. It'll be worth it when the manifold is done though. It's something I want to learn and damn sure keeps me occupied. Now I just need to figure out what wheels to use to polish. That site you sent me has all kinds of shit and I don't know where to start lol.

Comment

I started messing with a couple of smaller peices today. This one still needs some more work but here it is so far.

Comment

Day 10 3.5 hours in...........

Comment

I got bored so I started looking into what all i'll need for a tuck and started taking stuff apart. I didn't do a whole lot with it but it's a start.

Last edited by Brandoncb7; 11-14-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

updates? you've been quiet for a while, lol. later.

Comment

Working...
                                X