No announcement yet.

Brandoncb7 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 more hours of sanding between yesterday and today. After tomorrow I should be able to move up to a finer grit paper. Almost every rough spot has been smoothed out but I still have most of the tight spots that take forever to do left.

Comment

LOL. look at you go! it's getting there! once you move to a finer grit, it just gets easier and faster, much faster. you're making me want to finish mine up! later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        LOL. look at you go! it's getting there! once you move to a finer grit, it just gets easier and faster, much faster. you're making me want to finish mine up! later.
        Man I sit at home all day, unemployed, with nothing to do lol. I wanted to learn more about how to polish and detail different things as far as plastic and metals go. I think I have read through every thread you have made lol. Not to sound like i'm nut swinging or anything but you know you're work is good so that's the first place I went to learn. You've been more than helpful to say the least. Sandpaper and a dremel tool is something I had around the house so it has cost me nothing to do this other than time. That's what I was looking for too was something I could do for cheap that would make a big difference. Plus this is a part that can barely be seen other than the fact that you know something shiny is back there so the parts that i've messed up on aren't noticeable. All I have to do now is get into all the tiny hard to reach places that take more time and I can move up to the next grit. I've already been looking at my engine saying "hey I could polish the power steering pump" and whatever else is metal underneath the hood lol. I like detailing and learning how to polish metal and plastic has turned into a new obsession. I detail my parents cars for the hell of it because I enjoy it. After tomorrow though i'll be ready to move up to a finer grit but i'm broke. It's going to be Mooommmmmmmmmmm lol.

Comment

wow! that manifold is looking good! are you using the black & decker rotary with a sander or is this all by hand?

You should pop out your egr ports so you can clean them and put in pipe plugs..

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
            wow! that manifold is looking good! are you using the black & decker rotary with a sander or is this all by hand?

You should pop out your egr ports so you can clean them and put in pipe plugs..
            Thanks! It's being done with the Black and decker. Doing it by hand might be alright on something tiny but the intake manifold is basically like rock when you start out lol. I would pay someone to do it before I did it by hand.

This is the best tool ever invented and what I have been using lol. What pipe plugs are you talking about? Would I just get them from Lowes?

Comment

dang B, you got almost as much time into that mani as I do my dash swap! Lookin real good, that's determination right there!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Thanks Wherm. This thing WILL be finished lol. I put another 3 hours or so into it yesterday but the spots that i'm sanding now you can't really see in the pics so I haven't updated them. I should have it done and ready to move up to a finer grit tomorrow though so there will be more pics then. I'm trying to take pics everytime I work on it. I'll start sanding and when i'm done I don't really remember what I started with from staring at it for so long lol. Any updates on your dash yet?

Comment

I pulled the carpet out and cleaned it a little while back but didn't have a camera so here it is now.

I also removed the cruise control.

Comment

looks nice man!!
                    Blake.
                    1994 Accord Part out!
                    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                      looks nice man!!
                      Thanks.

Comment

Looks kool im not in to body kit anymore just like the clean look lips
                        F22BDOHC JDM

Comment

Originally posted by f22bcb7tuner View Post
                          Looks kool im not in to body kit anymore just like the clean look lips
                          That body kti is no longer on it. I broke it so i'm waiting to go back to stock pieces. I may still put fiberglass fenders on the front but they will be oem replicas. The bumpers will be stock though. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                            Man I sit at home all day, unemployed, with nothing to do lol. I wanted to learn more about how to polish and detail different things as far as plastic and metals go. I think I have read through every thread you have made lol. Not to sound like i'm nut swinging or anything but you know you're work is good so that's the first place I went to learn. You've been more than helpful to say the least. Sandpaper and a dremel tool is something I had around the house so it has cost me nothing to do this other than time. That's what I was looking for too was something I could do for cheap that would make a big difference. Plus this is a part that can barely be seen other than the fact that you know something shiny is back there so the parts that i've messed up on aren't noticeable. All I have to do now is get into all the tiny hard to reach places that take more time and I can move up to the next grit. I've already been looking at my engine saying "hey I could polish the power steering pump" and whatever else is metal underneath the hood lol. I like detailing and learning how to polish metal and plastic has turned into a new obsession. I detail my parents cars for the hell of it because I enjoy it. After tomorrow though i'll be ready to move up to a finer grit but i'm broke. It's going to be Mooommmmmmmmmmm lol.
                            that's cool man. most people will ask me how to polish and then when i tell them how to do it, they will try it and give up. lol. what's next to polish after the intake? valve cover? it's much easier than the intake, lol. you picked probably the hardest piece to do first. valve cover is much easier because you can do most of it with an orbital sander followed by dremel in the small areas.

i saw the before and after pic of the carpet. good job man! later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

lookin good dood. gettin ready to rock my h22 IM out with double spacers and IAB delete. good motivation, even tho I like the dark look, not really to big on all the polishing, but I def appreciate great work when it is being done.

Glad the body kit is removed!
                              +10 for doing your own work and not rushing!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

nothin new on the dash On a side note, do you need a shift boot? I'm pretty sure I have one.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X