X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P.

90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

if you ever wanna sell those amber corner's...let me know! Ill buy em.

Nice ride though....sad that it was hit..
      1993 Accord LX *Under construction*
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162083 <---MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darren93 View Post
        if you ever wanna sell those amber corner's...let me know! Ill buy em.

Nice ride though....sad that it was hit..
        already sold'em. sorry, brotha. i have a whole partout list in the FS section
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=161956

Comment

Hi Dude,

I was just reading your wobbly crankshaft problem.

Couldn't they just rethread the crank shaft itself if the threads inside were gone? I read someones post that a legitimate place can rebore and insert a thread ring (insert) to bring it back to oem size so it can take the oem bolt. Either that or rethread it and insert a larger bolt.

Im just reading on this as my dads car has a similar problem. The Timing belt has moved across its pulley making me think theres wobbling problems down there in the crank shaft pulley also.
          Rides:

Accord
          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
            haha yeah i don't think i'll ever get rid of my cassette player. my glovebox is literally stacked with mixtapes.
            I actually retro fit cassette players in my honda.

Why? Because they actually have a longer service life than the pure CD player deck alone.

Why? Cassette decks can be fitted with the tape adapter (like what you have) and turns them into MP3 or Ipod Ready stereos (without the need to have complicated fm transmitters, power chords for the Fm transmitter and the additional clutter of where to put the actual FM transmitter. Not to mention it being more prone to static and loss of quality).

Honda OEM cassette decks FTW
            Rides:

Accord

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

already sold'em. sorry, brotha. i have a whole partout list in the FS section
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=161956
              Why are you parting out the car?

The hit and run damage is actually pretty fortunate that its just confined to the door (which can be pulled out and replaced). At least no damage to the rear quarter panel.

The Crank Shaft issue at worst can just be replaced by another engine. Impreza's are a good car but i believe its not as economical due to the AWD and engine size (2.5ltr im pretty sure it is?) not to mention depreciation (constantly bleeding even without any repairs) assuming its a newer or near new car.
              Rides:

Accord

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

the door damage, the rust, the bad paint, the crappy bumpers, the crank pulley bolt, and many other little things are what drove me to just part it out. it could have easily been fixed with an h22 swap or even MAYBE rethreading that hole but i'd rather the money be put towards something newer and a little better. i've had a boner over imprezas since i first played gran turismo 1 lol the 98-01 2.5rs models hold their value quite well. it's hard to find a good one for under $6000 still. it's just time to move on....

Comment

Sad to see her go but I sold mine too, I know the feeling. What do you plan on getting next? An impreza?
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

hey dude what kind of paint did you use to paint your 90-91 front grille i love the way it looked on your cb

it's a shame you decided to sell it though ...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157630

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                      Sad to see her go but I sold mine too, I know the feeling. What do you plan on getting next? An impreza?
                      that was my initial plan but i just ran across a real nice 93 civic hatch with a b18c for 4700 obo. might go with that since i know hondas better than subies and i'm not made of money right now ha

Originally posted by Whieroman View Post
                      hey dude what kind of paint did you use to paint your 90-91 front grille i love the way it looked on your cb

it's a shame you decided to sell it though ...
                      thanks, it was just rustoleum 'stops rust' flat black. didn't even sand it, just wiped it down and painted.

Comment

the door damage, the rust, the bad paint, the crappy bumpers, the crank pulley bolt, and many other little things are what drove me to just part it out. it could have easily been fixed with an h22 swap or even MAYBE rethreading that hole but i'd rather the money be put towards something newer and a little better. i've had a boner over imprezas since i first played gran turismo 1 lol the 98-01 2.5rs models hold their value quite well. it's hard to find a good one for under $6000 still. it's just time to move on....

Thanks for the updated dude and your thoughts on the part out.

Oh well it was good while it lasted i guess. I know your dead set in getting a Subaru but hope you can get back to a CB7 and this web site again. Good luck on your next car.

Would love to have known a quick fix for your engine (and perhaps things may have turn out differently).

For your information i think i may have the same problem on my dads car. Loud sounds came from it the other day and when i peeked at the timing belt it was still ok but it shifted on its pulley and i think its now rubbing on something (plastic timing cover?).

I did notice the crank bolt wobbling like 2 months ago but thought it would hold till the next timing belt change. I suspect it loosened to the point it allows timing belt to shift on the pulley.

Dont know whats stripped yet but hope its only the bolt (not the threads the bolt goes into). Cross fingers.
                        Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-10-2010, 07:09 AM.
                        Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

She might be gone, but her parts live on Thanx for the hook up on the wires, plugs, and pullys. Good luck with your next project. Im actually trying to sell my SE and buy a 4 door integra or civic.
                          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Working...
                          X