No announcement yet.

gcvphoto : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A car that has been smashed front and back, you sure are persistant! Looks like your off to the right steps. If the body work is done what color would you be painting it?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      A car that has been smashed front and back, you sure are persistant! Looks like your off to the right steps. If the body work is done what color would you be painting it?
      I've had it for about four years and I've done every single piece of work on it. So, I kinda can't let the poor thing die. I gotta keep it going.
      I just want a fresh coat of frost white. and for the hood, front bumper, flushmount, mirrors, and grill to be matte black. And freshly painted moldings. Basically the same look it has now, but freshened up.
      Last edited by gcvphoto; 02-02-2010, 02:02 AM.

Comment

This is how my day went.
        I woke up at 9am and left for my dad's shop. (he owns his own auto-mechanic shop).
        I get my car on the lift and just start tearing apart the front end at about 10am. I had to remove everything attached to the front rear-crossmember. Which includes the lower control arms and the rack and pinion.I also had to remove the cradle support that connects the front and rear crossmembers together. I had to remove the sway bar completely. The tie rod ends were removed completely in order to make removing the rack and pinion. Had to remove a bunch of power steering lines and a couple vacuum hoses. The downpipe and the flexpipe had to be removed from the exhaust. And the main bolt for the rear motor mount. When I finally got the front rear-crossmember off the car at about 2pm, I noticed that my rear motor mount was completely destroyed, so that had to be replaced.

Now began the reassmbly, which went a lot faster than the teardown. I guess that's because I knew what I was doing now.
        The front rear-crossmember was replaced with a brand new Honda OEM piece.
        The rear motor mount was replaced with a brand new Honda OEM piece, except i think it was a different mount. It didn't have the same vacuum attachment. Which meant I had to delete the vacuum lines running from there and the sensor that they go through.
        The front sway bar endlinks were replaced with Energy Suspension endlinks.
        Brand new rack and pinion.
        And an oil and filter change just for kicks.
        End time... 5:45pm.

The job calls for 8.5 hours and I did it in under 8.
        (The 8.5 hours did not include the time for the oil change or the motor mount change)

But now my hands are cut up and I am sore as all hell.

*Junkyard additions*
        New oem honda clock (that works)
        New honda emblem (tired of looking at the holes in my trunk from the emblem I took off)
        Blue Integra DA headrests

*left to install*
        Progress rear sway bar (I was way too tired to do this)
        G1 Acura Legend Maplight (wired and ready to be installed)

Thank you if you actually read all of this. It's a jumbled mess and I am tired. If anyone has questions about the work I did, feel free to ask.

Comment

Looking good brother!
          1990 Accord EX

Comment

Once again... new photos.

My new sway bar, installed by t-clyde. You can see the bottoms of my tokico illuminas.

Photoshoot with t-clyde.
            T-clyde interior.

Comment

Working...
            X