CB7 Sleeper : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    im really happy your swap went good and your engine is running great.

unfourtantly for me, my f22a6 has a rod knock.

i have stilllllll my 2.0 sohc from my coupe. i hope to swap out motors soon. my 2.0 has a lightened fw and clutch, and if all goes well ill b added a6/h23 im on it.
    Sounds good. It's too bad it's the SOHC. It should still put down some decent power with an A6 or H23 IM and some bolt ons. Maybe you should look into the Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket as well.

Anyways, good luck.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

What Pisse Dme Off When I Bought The 2.0 Was, 2 Weeks Later I Found The Si. For The Same Priceeeeee

I Love F Motors, Dirt Cheap.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
        Her name is Veronica, and she is my dirty girl...

Almost Done!

But all you guys get is a few TEASER piczars!

Here's a short rolling video for you guys! CLICKY CLICKY FOR VID

I still have a lot of goodies to install, but not enough time to do so. I'll try to have everything done and new pictures this weekend. I'm trying!

Engine

JDM F20A DOHC Swap
        JDM MP6A Automagic Transmission Swap
        All new engine seals, gaskets, coolant hoses, tranny cooler hoses & maintenance parts (i.e. fuel filter, thermostat, etc)
        New O2 sensor
        EGR Block-off Plate
        Air Starting Valve Block-off Plate (JDM stock)
        Balance Shaft Belt Delete
        Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket
        Polyurethane Filled Mounts
        Ebay 3" Intake Pipe
        K&N Carbon Fiber Cone Filter
        Spectre Breather Filters
        Ebay Header
        OBX Muffler
        Custom Exhaust (High Flow Cat, 2.5" Piping, Magnaflow Resonator, OBX Muffler.) Awaiting Install
        And more I'm probably forgetting...

Suspension & Wheels

Enkei 17" Wheels Painted Black
        KYB GR-2 Shocks (For Now)
        TEIN S-TECH Springs
        Ebay Strut Bar

Brakes

Stock...For Now

Electronics

Cobra Radar Detector
        Tom Tom GPS
        Pioneer Head Unit
        Kenwood 6" Pods Up Front
        Power Acoustik 6"x9" In the Rear

Interior

Gangster Maroon Interior
        Nardi Woodgrain Steering Wheel Awaiting Install
        Autozone Cup Holders (Hellz Yeah!)
        Polished Face White Letter Clock
        Famous Stars And Straps Logo Painted On Rear Ashtray

Exterior

CD5 Mugen Front Lip
        Sigma Rear Lip
        Versus Group-B Sideskirts Awaiting Install
        Black Housed Bumper Turn Signals
        Amber Corners
        Black Housed Corners Awaiting Install
        Type R Grill w/ Mugen Emblem
        350Z Carbon Fiber Air Duct Awaiting Install
        2.0Si Badge Awaiting Install
        Red/Clear Tails Awaiting Install
        OEM Spoiler Painted Seattle Silver Awaiting Install...Maybe
        M3 Flushmount Spoiler
        Window Visors
        CB Squad Sticker
        TEIN Sticker
        Shocker Sticker
        "I <3 Old Skool" Sticker
        Bisimoto Engineering License Plate Frame

Things Coming Soon

The Bottle Baby!!! 75 Shot, ZEX Kit
        Suspension Upgrade
        Brake Upgrade
        New Rims
        MORE GOODIEZ!
        Blah Blah Blah...

I know it's not much, but I figured I'd update a little for you guys. You'll get more soon, I promise!

Kevin,

Any idea of the costs involved through the end of your project? That includes the Yellows you want to buy, too. I really do mean ALL costs through the very end. What's the worst-case scenario?

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
          Kevin,

Any idea of the costs involved through the end of your project? That includes the Yellows you want to buy, too. I really do mean ALL costs through the very end. What's the worst-case scenario?

Brett
          Well Brett, I honestly don't know if this project ever will end. So I can't really determine the costs. I know a suspension and brake upgrade alone is going to have me throwing another couple thousand into the car.

Koni yellows- $500-$600
          TAS PRO ROH Performance Big Brake Conversion Kit- $440
          Ingalls Front Driver Camber Kit (because of my bent frame issue)- $120?
          Suspension Techniques Front And Rear Swaybar Kit- $360

That's just suspension and brakes. I'm also going to need some go fast goodiez. I'm just starting with the nitrous though.

ZEX Wet Nitrous System- $600

Then of course, I want a nice new set of rims, with really good tires. I also want my bodywork done and the car painted. And I'm sure I'll want some more JDM goodiez along the way.

So yeah, I still have a long ways to go, but it'll get there eventually.

Comment

New wheels? Looking good. What size are they?
            1990 Accord EX

Comment

The new rims are 17" Enkeis. They were gunmetal but I painted them black. I actually really don't like them to be honest. I wanna grab some Konig Runaways in shadow black, 17", with some good tires like yokahama or hankook or something.

I actually do plan on keeping the car for a looong time. I know I'll have it at least until I can afford an RSX Type S, as I plan on getting one as soon as I can afford it. As for bodywork and such, the car is very clean, but it does have a few blemishes I want taken care of. The color choices I am thinking are a BMW silver or black. I'll probably end up going with the silver though. I want the car to look really clean, yet very aggressive.

I think I have something around 14k into this car by now, in parts, repairs, and labor. I've worked my ass off to get this thing where it is and I have a serious emotional attachment to this car. I don't know of I'll ever be able to part with it.

Comment

Is Brett getting bit by the bug?

Anyhow, Kevin don't waste money on a ST front & rear sway bar kit. All you need is a ST or Progress rear sway bar on our cars. So you can save on there without sacrificing handling. Any suspension questions, ask me. I know what needs to be done on these cars.

Also, IMO your front big brake kit is not necessary either. You can save money there by just getting better pads on your stock setup. From a functional standpoint, you don't need the big brake kit. Really, you just need those new shocks and front-driver camber kit. Keep it simple, so you can progress with more essential things. Getting those rear quarter panels fixed with new metal would be nice, if you want to preserve the car's overall condition. Fixing trunk springs, fix power sider mirrors, fix wiper assembly, fix windshield squirter system and all interior blemishes would make it look cleaner & functional overall IMO. Don't those things irritate you driving the vehicle? IMO, that wiper & washer fluid ordeal is a safety concern, just wait until you need them and you can't see while driving.

Personally, I don't think those rims fit the look of the car either. The color does, but the size looks awkward. I think 16" rims are largest you should go. If you do go 17", then get them atleast 215 wide.

Anyhow, good luck. Happy your engine and auto tranny are running well, keep them maintained!
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Thanks Cisco. I was assuming a front and rear swaybar kit may provide a little better handling over just the rear. But if it isn't necessary, I'm fine with saving a little money. As for the brakes, I know I'm gonna go with the ROH conversion anyway with some drilled or slotted rotors, so I figures why not go a little bigger as well.

The wiper issues, mirrors, and other small issues don't bother me too much, but I would definitely like them fixed. So I'll jump on them as soon as I can. The blemishes on the cars body and the bondo issue in the rear quarters is what bothers me the most. I absolutely hate the blemishes on the body and the minor paint issues I have. That is definitely something I want taken care of soon.

Overall I am very happy with the car as it is now though, despite the minor issues and body work needed.

Comment

hey kevin----

me 1
                    A6 head 0

end of story

pics on fb soon

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                      hey kevin----

me 1
                      A6 head 0

end of story

pics on fb soon

Awwwww shiet, I'll be checkin it out Noah.

Comment

Well guys, as much as I'd love to update this thread with lots of pictures and such of the car with everything installed, it has been raining and cold all day, so I can't do so. Curse this shitty weather!

Comment

yea we got shitty weather over here too...sucks. at least the nose of the car is pulled into a one-bay shed/mini garage type thing.

definitely new england redneck style

lmaolawlz

life is good.

Comment

Lol nice. I did manage to get a couple things done outside in the cold an hour or so ago. Will update later.

Comment

I can relate to your point on the ROH conversion, if you plan to keep the car long enough to install multiple front brake rotors & pads. Hopefully you'll be able to reuse the new front-passenger side wheel bearing. Inner race sometimes stick to hub. I would atleast wear out these brake components first, since you resurfaced rotors and replaced front pads. No point in wasting money.

That 2.0 Si badge on yet? It's legit man.

You got these people waiting on an update big time eh....
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                                I can relate to your point on the ROH conversion, if you plan to keep the car long enough to install multiple front brake rotors & pads. Hopefully you'll be able to reuse the new front-passenger side wheel bearing. Inner race sometimes stick to hub. I would atleast wear out these brake components first, since you resurfaced rotors and replaced front pads. No point in wasting money.

That 2.0 Si badge on yet? It's legit man.

You got these people waiting on an update big time eh....
                                2.0Si badge is installed! Everything is installed except the side skirts, CF air duct, and my Nardi steering wheel. The back end looks SICK with the red/clears, rear lip, and 2.0Si badge, etc. I looove it!

I'll be keeping my brake components until they are worn, then it's UPGRADE time!

I'm actually not trying to make people wait this time. I just haven't had any time to update!

Comment

Working...
                                X