2point6 : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2point6 : 1990 Accord LX

I am held up now on chrome plated hardware and misc fuel system parts. Just about everything is laid out as it needs to be. I can't make my mind up on the valve cover yet...

I am also looking for a set of bronze te37's if anyone know about a set for sale, let me know.

There is a lot of little detail changes I am going to make. Looking at these pictures, brings aout a lot of flaws, IMO. I am open to critisim as I am sure that what we did probably looks like shit to some of you. The car's 2 tone paint is staying, so that is not even an option and is mute as far as any discussion is concerned. Any other suggestions are welcome/ Hater's too...

We have been killing ourselves to get it ready for display at Pink's all out. My sumped gas tank didn't get finished yet, but all the plumbing for the dual Bosch 044 has been done. Minor touches and details have been changed, from vacuum line re-routing to all chrome plated hardware in the engine bay.

Things I have left to do are, detail on engine wiring, install the fuel tank, install the S2000 guage cluster, repaint the car and clean up the interior. Not too much left, but I figure it will be running on Monday or Tuesday for sure. Tuning will follow.

Almost done... On the trailer for display at Pinks all out (that I did not make it to)

Last edited by 2point6; 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM.

i say polished VC. class. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Looking good! Very hot roddish with all the tucking.

For the valve cover, have you thought about incorporating the two tone paint of the car into it? Seems like it would sort of tie the two elements together. Something simple, so as not to take all of the attention.

Or you could do CF, that is always badass, but good luck with that cost wise!
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

scott who cares what the rest of the car looks like.... just need to look at the motor and thats it. motor speaks for itself.

Comment

Wowww im in love with ur engine bay!
          92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Take pics of that engine bay outside in the daylight and it will look 100X better, I'm sure you know that.

The only thing that jumps out is the clamp on the exhaust heat wrap. I would use a stainless steel zip tie. And I think dark gray heat wrap instead of white would look better.

I also vote for polished VC, maybe with some kind of accents.

I honestly can't wait to see pics/vids of this finished.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post

The only thing that jumps out is the clamp on the exhaust heat wrap. I would use a stainless steel zip tie. And I think dark gray heat wrap instead of white would look better.

I also vote for polished VC, maybe with some kind of accents.
              Yes, the hose clamp is temporary... I have stainless ties that need to go on. There is a coating process I am considering for the downpipe and for the hot side of the turbo as well, but right now just getting more ideas. I have been leaning towards Neo-chrome for the valve cover or gold plating has just been suggested also...
              Last edited by 2point6; 11-12-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Very nice K20 boosted....
                Accord Of The Month January 09
                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

scott the car is fine as is. i remember the color scheme when you was featured in sport compact car a while back. keep it up

Comment

Your engine bay is just....... is just......... let me find the words......

Is just......... fuckkkk that!! I'm speechless!!! Good fcukkkking job man!!!
                    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    My coupe!!!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Straight sickness.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thankyou guys for the compliments!

Comment

Looks fantastic! Is the motor stock internally or no?

As for the valve cover, I would do white. The bay is blue and alot of the car is white, so that would tie it in. Gold or something like that would be kind of out of place since nothing else is that color.

How much does the car weigh? Have you thought about any suspension changes? Power goal?

What about a wilwood or tilton pedal box and tucked brake line setup? You could do integrated reservoirs into the masters too, so it would all be gone!
                          Last edited by mndude07; 11-13-2010, 02:41 PM.
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            Looks fantastic! Is the motor stock internally or no?

At the present time this is a stock CRV k24 bottom end with a stock RSX type S head. I have another engine I am building for the "high boost" setting.

As for the valve cover, I would do white. The bay is blue and alot of the car is white, so that would tie it in. Gold or something like that would be kind of out of place since nothing else is that color.

How much does the car weigh? Have you thought about any suspension changes? Power goal?

What about a wilwood or tilton pedal box and tucked brake line setup? You could do integrated reservoirs into the masters too, so it would all be gone!
                            A white valve cover is what I wanted to do, but everyone at my shop keeps trying to get me to do something crazy, like burnt titainium... I think white myself will do just fine.

The car weighs 2550 with me in it. I weigh 210.

I have custom "one-off" Penske LSR coilovers on the car... had them for years. They were originally intended for road race use, but I got into drag racing the car instead. Don't let the ride height fool you. I have it raised beacuse getting it on and off my lift is easier that way. I will set it back down when it's finished.

The power goal is in the 700whp range. No need to go overkill. I have a couple cars that I have done making well over my "personal" goal, but they aren't daily drivers as this one will remain. Always has been always will.

I chose to polish all of the brake stuff instead of hiding it. I did switch to a
                            s2000 clutch master cylinder as I feel it is cleaner than stock and incorporates the reservior.

Everybody seems to hide all of the brake stuff, I chose to detail it out instead. I'm sure it would look good, gone, but I believe someone else on this board is already doing that, so I wanted to be a little different.
                            Last edited by 2point6; 11-13-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Glad your still around Scott. The accord looks great! Nothing I would change. what's the interior look like now?

Is your gf's hatch still have your old h22?

As for the valve cover. Id say polished but with some sort of label.. maybe collective racing logo.

Comment

Working...
                              X