Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassrock234
    replied
    I appreciate the offer, but I've decided to part the car out. I feel like I've accomplished what I had originally set out to do with the car, which was to build a super low, daily drive-able car that's comfortable on static suspension. The h22 wasn't in the original plan, it just kind of happened hahaha. It didn't ever make it to any meet's or anything, but local people knew it, and you guy's got to watch me build it.

There are so many great cars out there I'd love to own, I'm wanting to move onto something else. The accord is the only car I have ever owned other than 3 different mini-trucks, but that's almost a whole different world. No matter what I end up with, it will most definitely be low, and I can't go back to a cheap suspension setup after having built the accord so it will definitely be nice, no more cut springs for me.

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    You're in Savannah, that's not too far from me. A weekend vacation, we can get you nice and fixed up. Maybe grab some more members and make it a get together.

Leave a comment:

• marcusv8thunder
    replied
    X2 ^

As you have most bits already getting it to where you want will be cheaper than getting some other platform to where you want.

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
    Hey guys, didn't know anyone was still posting in here! Guess I can update a bit. I still have the car sitting in my driveway. The engine and just about everything I had put on it is pulled out and sitting in my garage. I'm going to have to local scrap yard come and pickup what's left of the body.

So far I've been unable to find a good shell at a decent price, being unemployed doesn't help. The insurance company gave me absolutely nothing for my car OR my truck. Needless to say, I don't use that insurance company anymore. When we left there, we took all 5 of our policies with us, the branch manager didn't even want to come out and talk to us, oh well fuck em.

I've been fighting with the decision lately, to find a shell and finish where I left off, or sell all my parts and switch platforms completely. It's not that I didn't love my accord, it was the best car I've ever had and honestly it was the only project I planned from the beginning, and followed through with everything I had planned no matter the cost.

But the whole thing has completely killed any motivation I had when building a car. I just hate the fact that I put so much time and money into it, and I don't even get to enjoy the benefits. If it was something of my own doing I could deal with it no problem, like if I had wrecked it, shit, at least I would've been having fun at the time of its demise.

As it is right now, I feel like I put 10 grand into a trash can and set it on fire.
    That sucks about the insurance, man. I could see how that would kill any drive to start over with a build.

That said, there's no better way to alleviate that feeling than by putting those parts to use on another shell and enjoying it like you should have with your wrecked one. You had it for such a short time, it would be a shame to leave the chassis on a bad note.

Leave a comment:

• bassrock234
    replied
    Hey guys, didn't know anyone was still posting in here! Guess I can update a bit. I still have the car sitting in my driveway. The engine and just about everything I had put on it is pulled out and sitting in my garage. I'm going to have to local scrap yard come and pickup what's left of the body.

So far I've been unable to find a good shell at a decent price, being unemployed doesn't help. The insurance company gave me absolutely nothing for my car OR my truck. Needless to say, I don't use that insurance company anymore. When we left there, we took all 5 of our policies with us, the branch manager didn't even want to come out and talk to us, oh well fuck em.

I've been fighting with the decision lately, to find a shell and finish where I left off, or sell all my parts and switch platforms completely. It's not that I didn't love my accord, it was the best car I've ever had and honestly it was the only project I planned from the beginning, and followed through with everything I had planned no matter the cost.

But the whole thing has completely killed any motivation I had when building a car. I just hate the fact that I put so much time and money into it, and I don't even get to enjoy the benefits. If it was something of my own doing I could deal with it no problem, like if I had wrecked it, shit, at least I would've been having fun at the time of its demise.

As it is right now, I feel like I put 10 grand into a trash can and set it on fire.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo617
    replied
    yeah, any updates?

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    What's up, Bassrock? Have you found another cb?

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    Updates? I'd make a trip to Savannah to help you out.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    .......... no!

I am lost for words....

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Damn, such a shame man.

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    How's everything, man? Any luck with the search for another cb?

Leave a comment:

• bassrock234
    replied
    no word from the insurance company. I doubt I'm going to get anything out of it. Just gonna have to find a shell to swap all my stuff into. Trying to find one with good paint but i'm sure you all know how that goes. I don't think finding one without rust will be to hard in my area but you never know, mine had a little bit on it.

Leave a comment:

• Turbo617
    replied
    No!

Here I was thinking, ooo bassrock must've have put some more badass parts on his cb, let me check it out, first thing I see is a crushed CB:/

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    My heart sank!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X